Need Suggestions

TJ_Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
tjs-photographs.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have a Canon Eos Rebel T5 and I'm still a fairly new at photography, but I love doing it. I'm looking for a good lens at a cheap price, which might be hard, but I have little to no money, but I love taking up close shot, mostly of animals, I want one to get nice and close up animals out in the wild like birds and such. I also want a good Macro lens.

Sent From Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

What lens do you have now? Have you done everything you can with it at this point?
As for lenses, yes you are talking about lenses here, what is your budget. As far as shooting animals, cheap is not in the same sentence. You need reach and will want decent quality at least. That does not come at a bargain basement price.
As for macro, for cheap get a set of these. Vello Auto Extension Tube Set for Canon EOS EXT-CD B&H Photo It may not sound cheep but macro lenses tend to start in the 350 to 400 range plus.

Good lens and cheap price are somewhat exclusive qualities. If you're looking for something with long reach, I've heard good things about the Tamron 150-600. It's not the cheapest lens on earth, but if you wanna get close to something far away, it's gonna cost you.

What lens do you have now? Have you done everything you can with it at this point?
As for lenses, yes you are talking about lenses here, what is your budget. As far as shooting animals, cheap is not in the same sentence. You need reach and will want decent quality at least. That does not come at a bargain basement price.
As for macro, for cheap get a set of these. Vello Auto Extension Tube Set for Canon EOS EXT-CD B&H Photo It may not sound cheep but macro lenses tend to start in the 350 to 400 range plus.
Okay, I only have the default lens that comes with the camera, though I've used a telephoto lens before cause I know people that have one. And right now I have no money, but I will save, I know that good lens don't come cheap, but I need something bto start with while I gain money

I am going to assume you mean the 18-55mm. I asked because there are more than one bundle that you can get with the T5 including the 18-55mm and 75-300mm lens bundle and depending where you got it may have some other lens or lenses bundled with the body.

You still didn't indicate what you thought you might want to spend. It would help to know that to narrow down the lenses that would fit that price range. That's why I have made no suggestions at this point, as your budget is going to determine what would be the best bang for your bucks.

I am going to assume you mean the 18-55mm. I asked because there are more than one bundle that you can get with the T5 including the 18-55mm and 75-300mm lens bundle and depending where you got it may have some other lens or lenses bundled with the body.

You still didn't indicate what you thought you might want to spend. It would help to know that to narrow down the lenses that would fit that price range. That's why I have made no suggestions at this point, as your budget is going to determine what would be the best bang for your bucks.
Well if possible I would hope spend Les than $500 mostly cause I don't have a good income to get a expensive lens

This would be ideal for in that price range for a good lens that would cover a long spectrum. Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG HSM OS Lens For Canon EF Mount | KEH Camera What they have in right now is slightly over your budget, but if you check back you may find them in the 400 range. The nikon mount of the same lens is in that range now. It is a used lens, but KEH is a very reputable dealer. As for the macro, I would still suggest the tubes. They are cheap, will work with your current lens and if you find that Macro is not your thing you will be able to pretty much recoup what you have in them.

This might be another option to consider. SIGMA 100-300MM F/4 APO EX IF HSM LENS FOR CANON EF MOUNT {82} | KEH Camera

If you can physically get close, the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 is a great lens from what I understand. It starts at $770, but can be had used in your budget. Just gotta keep your eyes open.

Most reactions

Back