need to buy a slr

coinhnter612

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im 50 year old man going back to school to learn to use a computer better im taking a digital class to be able to t6ake macro photos of coins don't have a lot of money fixed income disabled was hoping one of you pros mite have a used one or tell me where to find cheep but good ya know what I mean I thank you dennis j

Welcome to the forum.

How much or little do you want to spend. Second hand dslrs can be cheap, but proper macro lenses can be expensive.

Most bridge cameras, or cheaper point and shoot cameras usually have a good macro mode

my book advance 240.00 class requ. are slr or dslr thanks for responding

my book advance 240.00 class requ. are slr or dslr thanks for responding

For the type of pictures you are planning on really lighting is going to be the most important thing, you don't need a high end or new DSLR to get good pictures of a stationary object.

If it were me I'd look on Ebay and maybe locally at pawnshops, etc - and see if maybe you can find something like a used Nikon D60 or something in that range. Odds are good it won't have a "macro lens" with it, but you can always pickup a lens seperately or some extension tubes for macro shooting, etc.

ok thank you D60 is what I will look for

Most reactions

Back