Need to improve my pictures

BRIANxJDM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't know if it is me or not but I was at Eibach yesterday taking pictures and I do not like how my picture came out. It is either to dark or way to bright. Is it because of my gear or me? I will post pictures tonight. If it is my equipment, what lenses should I get to do coverage.

In your avatar you are holding the camera in a very unstable way.

The problem is most likely not the equipment.

Last edited:
I don't know if it is me or not but... I do not like how my picture came out. It is either to(o) dark or way to(o) bright. Is it because of my gear or me?

Hi, Brian.

It's because of you. Cameras can only do what we tell them to do. We'll help you figure out what's not happening for you once you upload your photos. Hang in there.

-Pete

ooh, Eibach i see. Well we have the same camera here, and I'd just like to view the pictures first. It could be that you were on S mode and the lighting was poor so it couldn't adjust the exposure comp. As well as M mode. Or your exposures were too long and your hands just got unsteady so they began to shake causing many of your pictures to turn out blurry. Just a few key things to look out for.

P.S. Car guy here, ughhh are you buying springs? :D

Flickr Photo Download: DSC_0087
I do not know why the car is so bright this picture was take at 9 am and the sun wasn't even out yet and the other pictures on my flickr do not look like DSLR pictures.

The back of the car is overexposed to the point it is blown out (pure white (R=255, G=255, B=255, zero detail.)

There is no EXIF data for the photo so for anyone to make any kind of reasonable assessment it would help if you could provide the shooting mode, metering mode, and the exposure values the camera was set to.

Well according to the EXIF data:

F/16
1/200
ISO 1600
Manual Mode
Flash Fired

You just overexposed the car in the center. Drop ISO and raise the shutter speed a bit.

Well according to the EXIF data:

F/16
1/200
ISO 1600
Manual Mode
Flash Fired

You just overexposed the car in the center. Drop ISO and raise the shutter speed a bit.
My EXIF reader (opanda) says there is no EXIF data.

What reader are you using?

I'm a newbie learning to play with exposure myself. So not really advice, but something to think about...

I'm sticking with shutter-priority or aperture-priority most of the time depending on what effect I'm trying to achieve. That coupled with setting the appropriate metering mode may be a safer way to start out than going fully manual (unless you are intentionally trying to over or under expose). Just a thought.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back