need to know plz

carlos91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
has anybody ordered from:(are they safe)
adorama.com
centraldigital.com
thecamerabox.com
butterflyphoto.com

Have ordered many times from Adorama and they are first rate! :thumbup: Their packaging is fantastic.....very fast shipping and always as advertised! Can't vouch for the others you mentioned.

You can check online store ratings at:

www.resellerratings.com

• I order online from www.B&HPhotoVideo.com on an almost weekly basis as they are considered the best online camera store in the world.
Others that have are reputable are:
There are others, this is just a partial list.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thx everyone the camera im looking for is a sony a230 but alot of websites dont sell sony

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSLR-A230L-Digital-Photography-Accessory/dp/B002FIU5LO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1270269125&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: Sony DSLR Alpha DSLR-A230L 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera Kit With Sony 18-55MM Lens + Deluxe Photography Accessory Kit: Electronics[/ame]

I generally order from B&H, they seem to set the "gold standard" for integrity in dealing with customers. I've never had a problem with an order.

I also order from Amazon especially if the item is sold by and shipped by Amazon. Never a problem with an order from them either.

And Adorama is supposed to enjoy almost the same reputation as B&H. Owners of both are supposedly gentlemen of impeccable honesty and integrity.

Prices from all three tend to be competitive, dealers that seem to undersell the above three will generally be scammers.

i was wondering when you buy a brand new camera will the box bring the battery and charger?

yes, the camera will have a battery and charger, but not always a memory card.

kk its so funny a bunch of stores said the camera was 400 with no lens then the (special kit) brought a special lens (18-55mm lens) for 450$$ what a deal jaja *sarcasm*

If B&H or Amazon list the camera as available with no lens at one price and as a kit with lens at a higher price that is valid.

For instance the new Canon T2i is $899 with 18-55mm "kit" lens and will be $799 body only (when available as body only, right now many places cannot get the body only).

But if you order on the web and they email you to call to "confirm" your order (or when to you place your order by phone), and they tell you, "Oh, that doesn't come with battery, that will be $--.00 extra" (or same thing with lens)... Cancel quick!!!

What the "scammers" do is advertise a price lower than anyone else and when you order, they want to start charging extra for what the manufacturer put in the box anyway. By the time you add up the extras for what should be in the box you pay far more than if you went into a store and bought it.

Those who try to say, "Look, I just want what's advertised." are suddenly told it's out of stock and backordered.

If you check a seller at Store Ratings & Reviews - ResellerRatings.com - Shop Safe & Avoid Scams you will often find a lot of complaints interspersed with a lot of flowery positive comments but after reading some of those they all begin to sound the same. The "scammers" themselves place positive comments in the feedback.

So stay with the reputable ones.

When I place a website order with B&H or Amazon, within a few minutes I get an email confirming my order. The next business day I get an email advising "shipped" and giving a tracking number.

I ordered a good pile of stuff from adorama.com, and I was very pleased with the prices, selection, prompt customer service, free and fast shipping! Everything was great...I would recommend them to anyone! I hear B&H is amazing as well...and cametta.

I would watch what you find on Amazon. This link you posted is for a Seller on Amazon's site (not Amazon). And that seller has a pretty lame rating, recently a very poor rating.

Now having said that, there are some good sellers on Amazon besides Amazon. You just have to watch out which one it is and then check on them if your not sure.

Now that kit is full of low quality stuff. I say keep looking. And watch out for the "kits" that load up with lots of items that are just so-so in quality, just so they can up the price some.

And if a seller says a battery is not included or a better battery is $xx more. Just hang up. Don't even play the bait and switch game. Part of the scam is to say something is not included for this price. Or it comes with a low quality one and we will sell you a better one. Basically these people take out the good stuff to sell to someone else, and then charge you more for a cheaper product. And another trick is, - this is the import version, its not in english, or is lower quality. Bunch of BS again. The quality between import and US versions is exactially the same! The manufacturers do not make 2 different quality levels of the same product!! The only difference is warranty, and with some older stuff the printed manual may have been in different language. But now a days the manuals are multi-lingual, or on disc and also multi-lingual. They save money that way!

Adorama has the A230 and lens for $400. You would not regret getting it from them!

I would watch what you find on Amazon. This link you posted is for a Seller on Amazon's site (not Amazon). And that seller has a pretty lame rating, recently a very poor rating.

Now having said that, there are some good sellers on Amazon besides Amazon. You just have to watch out which one it is and then check on them if your not sure.

Now that kit is full of low quality stuff. I say keep looking. And watch out for the "kits" that load up with lots of items that are just so-so in quality, just so they can up the price some.

And if a seller says a battery is not included or a better battery is $xx more. Just hang up. Don't even play the bait and switch game. Part of the scam is to say something is not included for this price. Or it comes with a low quality one and we will sell you a better one. Basically these people take out the good stuff to sell to someone else, and then charge you more for a cheaper product. And another trick is, - this is the import version, its not in english, or is lower quality. Bunch of BS again. The quality between import and US versions is exactially the same! The manufacturers do not make 2 different quality levels of the same product!! The only difference is warranty, and with some older stuff the printed manual may have been in different language. But now a days the manuals are multi-lingual, or on disc and also multi-lingual. They save money that way!

Adorama has the A230 and lens for $400. You would not regret getting it from them!

you've been alot of help i guess i will buy it from adorama seems its worth it then all i would need to do is buy a memory card and another battery (by choice) thanks alot to evreyone

Most reactions

New Topics

Back