Need to Make N90 work for Movies & TV

movieguns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a movie prop master and I need to make a Nikon N90s and an N70 work without film in them. They need to flash/fire on camera as if someone were actually shooting pictures with them. Does anyone have any ideas on how to bypass the film system in order to make them work? Thanks.

www.propguys.com

You can also buy an inexpensive tool to pull the leader of the film from the canister and reuse the film over and over if you don't care about developing anything. No point in ruining a perfectly good Nikon.

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

It's not really the expense of the film, it's the convenience of having a camera that works without interruption or having to keep track of the number of exposures.

I've never worked on set with a prop film camera that needs film in it to operate. What is it about the N90s and N70 that prevents them from working without film?

Best,
Helen

I don't know, mabye I will have to check my N70 but as far as I know all you have to do is set everything on Manual and it should shoot just fine. I could se it happening with the N70 because it was a sort of complicated camera for the time but I imagine the N90 will shoot this way the only thing that will be different is there will be (obviously) no film counter. Other than that though the camera and flash should work just fine and if you also use manual focus there will be no delay for focusing.

Most reactions

Back