need to upgrade!

I know when you look into used cameras you're supposed to check how many pictures were taken with it. What is the max amount I should allow? There is a pro photographer in my area that is selling a d610 for $1,100 and has a little less than 10,000 shots on it.

And also, any reputable websites/companies to buy used cameras off of?

Try heh.com. they got a great return policy on used gear

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Yes keh.com sorry. I hate typing on a phone

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

I know when you look into used cameras you're supposed to check how many pictures were taken with it. What is the max amount I should allow? There is a pro photographer in my area that is selling a d610 for $1,100 and has a little less than 10,000 shots on it.
that's a good price fpr a used d610 even if it has 10k shutter. Life expectancy of the shutter I think is 150,000 clicks

that's a good price fpr a used d610 even if it has 10k shutter. Life expectancy of the shutter I think is 150,000 clicks

10K on a D610 is nothing, I agree with astroNikon this is a good price, if you can afford it the D610 is a whole lot of camera in general and even more so for such a price!
Its basically a D610 for the price of a D7100

I'd try my best to find a d610, even if it involves saving up some more. Then invest in some good glass. This is a better option than getting heaps of dx lenses then moving to full frame. Trust me, i just moved from crop to full frame and i recommend getting into full frame as early as possible

Sorry I haven't been on to reply in such a long time. I've saved up a decent amount of money and going to get super serious into buying a new camera!! I have a couple cameras in mind.

Another question, certain cameras can be bought body only or you can get the packages with a lens or 2. Are the packages worth buying? Or should I just buy the body and buy different lenses?

Sorry I haven't been on to reply in such a long time. I've saved up a decent amount of money and going to get super serious into buying a new camera!! I have a couple cameras in mind.

Another question, certain cameras can be bought body only or you can get the packages with a lens or 2. Are the packages worth buying? Or should I just buy the body and buy different lenses?
Well it depends of the package I guess.
Usually the lenses you will get in such packages are basic kit lenses and if you consider yourself a very serious photographer then my advice is get the body only and to that add the lenses that will work best for you.
You said you shoot people then consider getting a 70-200mm 2.8, a used Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 (Non OS) should be around 500$-600$, its a fantastic portrait and sports lens.
Another good lens will be Nikon 85mm 1.8G, used goes for around 300$
On crop sesnor even the Nikon 50mm 1.8G (150$ used) will work fine.

Ah, since you're back now, we can continue. Is the used D610 still available? If not, check KEH, Adorama, B&H for used equipment. Did you get moved yet? How big is the spare room? Is there a large window, and which direction does it face? Light from the North sky is pretty good most days.

depends upon the package and how much money you have ....
budget always is king to what you can and can't buy.

I don't think the used d610 is available anymore. I did check on the nikon website and they're on sale for $1500 for the body. I have around $2,000 to spend.

Anyone ever heard of or used abesofmaine.com? found a new d610 body for 1,185.00

Most reactions

New Topics

Back