Need to VENT. Family Photos and Friends.

zendianah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok. I normally do not do this but I am having a really hard time working on the photos that I did of my friend and her kids.

Once upon a time there was a nice friend who so happens to take pictures... (me). I said.. Hey I will take pictures of you and your family.. She says ok. sounds good. I say.. how about 4. She says ok. I call her at 3 and tell her wow.. the sun is inda bright and she interupts.. GOES off on me and say GODDAMIT IF YOU DONT WANT TO DO THE PICTURES JUST TELL ME. I say... ahh no.. I was thinking of a new location with shady trees that may work better. You didnt let me finish. This is my friend she jumps my **** before I can finish a sentence. She is verbally abusive. So I take the pics and meanwhile she is YELLING at her kids and they are crying.. WTF I say. Thats not going to make for good pics when your kids are crying.. So I tell her to stop yelling at her kids and let me pretend i am photog. She doesnt thank me at all nor has she called. Not that I care.. Im working on these pictures and there are so many bags under these 3 year old kids. My friend verbally abuses her kids. Its so sad. I cant be around it my delima.. Should I work on the pics? Makes me ill. But I want to be professional..

This is one reason they say not to mix friends/family with business.

My question is, why did you take photos of her and her family after she berated you on the phone? Certainly you can find some calm, nice people to take photos of for practice.

I agree. Matt. This is not the first time she has done this. I should not have taken the pictures after this. I am such a sucker and am so mad that I wasted an hour. I do have calm nice people to take pictures of. I feel for her shes in a bad spot in her life. Still I think we all have been there and it doesnt give us the right to treat people the way this friend treats me.

I learned my lesson. AND lost a friend over this.

Actually, I don't think you did... while you were certainly her friend, she wasn't a friend to you...

Poor kids.

yeh... agree.. its not a loss in my book. If I were in your shoes, the first thought in my mind is "Good.. I don't have to deal with the verbal abuse any longer".

YES.. poor kids. The sad truth is that the kids will most likely do the same to their friends.

i would do the pics and send them to her and cut my losses and move on

Thats what I think Im going to do.. Send the pics. Dont call her and move on. I feel so bad for her kids. I know shes going thru a rough time.. I have never seen her talk nice to them. I usually dont vent like this but I feel much better.

Huge lesson. !

Actually, I don't think you did... while you were certainly her friend, she wasn't a friend to you...

Poor kids.

Agreed. She was what I call a vampire. Taking never giving. A soul sucker. I am a giver and thats a lesson for me.. There is no yin and yang.. I have to learn to take so that I can be more balanced in my life.

i know what your going through im a softy too.

always do photos cheap for friends but its not my real job so its easier.

i find the pricing of pics the hardest things

Most reactions

New Topics

Back