Need weekend photography crash course, I'm in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by jayman369, Nov 8, 2004.

1. jayman369

jayman369 TPF Noob!

Hello, I'm a novice in photography and looking for some instrustions on using my camera.

I'm using a Pentax K1000 with a few zoom lenses. I know it's old, but it was given to me by a friend and I thought it'd be a way to start.

I'm looking for some kind of weekend crash course to basically teach me some basics of photography and how to use my camera. (I'm having trouble using the zoom lenses)

I live in the Los Angeles area, if anyone know anywhere I can get such instructions, please email me at xjayman626x@yahoo.com

2. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Seems to me that this place is as good as any for some beginner knowledge! Stick around for awhile and ask some questions. Many people are here with lot's of learning for you! What type of problems are you having specifically?

3. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

The good news is you have a Pentax K1000. This is one of the most robust, bomb and idiot proof cameras ever made. Treat it right and it will never let you down.

4. railman44

railman44 TPF Noob!

Not being familiar with the Pentax K1000, I'm assuming it's a film camera since you said it was old. I would start with going to the Library or a bookstore and buying a basic book on photography. Upton/Upton, Upton/London or vice versa and Hedgecoe are good authors to start with. Read and ask questions here. If you are uncertain about how some camera functions work, take your camera to a good "real" camera store and they will help you (I'm not talking about Best Buy, etc). You can learn a lot on this site. Just don't be afraid to ask...