Need work? Just mention "free 8x10". OMG!

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I placed a notice yesterday at work that I would be doing free portrait sessions in exchange for permission to use them in my portfolio and for advertising, and they'd get a free 8x10 (with option to purchase additional pictures). I now have 6 bookings, most of them teens and children, a paid engagement booking, a paid "child in dance outfits" booking, and now one of my coworkers wants me to do her wedding next year in June. (I asked her if she's comfortable with that, since I've only done a couple of weddings and she said, "I've seen your photos and you have a great eye." What a great compliment!) I never realized that I would get paying customers out of a free offer. :mrgreen:

Wow, that's a really good idea. I might try it myself. :D

I have recently started putting Free 8x10 coupon's in all the baby shower/bridal shower gifts that I have been invited too. I have got alot of great feedback from that...:)

I've made specific dates and times for the free 8x10, that way people know it's a "limited time" offer, and they can't come in next month and want one, hee hee. My first one arrives in an hour. :)

I hear ya! I did the same at my barn and with a few friends and I have 3 barn shoots and 3 sittings coming up next month!

The most powerful word in advertising is "Free". It has been a staple of the big Madison Ave ad firms in NY for many years - because - as you've discovered - it works. Congrats

I've been contemplating something similar, looks like a good idea.

mmmmmmmm very interesting.

such a simple idea though one im seriously thinking about

cheers for the nudge

I placed a notice yesterday at work that I would be doing free portrait sessions in exchange for permission to use them in my portfolio and for advertising, and they'd get a free 8x10 (with option to purchase additional pictures).

Add a time limit to this and you've got something.

Most reactions

Back