need your comment/crituque on my shot

haris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi there! just got my first DSLR, which is nikon d40 and here are some of my first shot. need your comment/critique on it. any advice on how i can improve my shot? i'm using d40 double zoom lens kit.

DSC_0100-1.jpg

CSC_0255-1.jpg

DSC_0188-1.jpg

DSC_0063-1.jpg

DSC_0210-1.jpg

DSC_0220-1.jpg

DSC_0270-1.jpg

Heya haris, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I moved your thread from The Beginners' Place to the General Gallery, since The Beginners' Place is designed to be a Q&A-forum, whereas the galleries are ... well, just that: galleries. For presenting one's photos. OK?

Hey,
so apparently you are in Tokyo, with a new camera.... You should have fun. Lots of great pictures to take. I realy like the composition on the pictures you took at the Tokyo metropolitan town hall. (5 and 6).
For all the garden shots you will have a much better time in a month or so. The colors and the light will be more interesting then.
Anyways, i am in the same situation as you, meaning i am a beginner who just bought his first DSLR. I hope you are having as much fun as i do.
Take care
DEUDEU

Welcome haris. IMO of your photos:
1 - Underexposed
2 - Overexposed
3 - Background too busy and distracts from the subject
4 - Personally, would rather not be in the building on the left
5&6 - I like
7 - I really like. The white on the signs are almost blown out though.

i used the same setting for no 1 & 2 and on the same sunny day but why the result is different? need to learn more about lighting i think..

4 - Personally, would rather not be in the building on the left

Bwahahahhahahahahahaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: You crack me up!

Haris, I've found pink to be the most challenging color of flower to shoot. It is so easy to oversaturate it. Do you have a "bracket" setting on your camera?

Haris, I've found pink to be the most challenging color of flower to shoot. It is so easy to oversaturate it. Do you have a "bracket" setting on your camera?

urm..what is 'bracket'? sorry if this question is too silly..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back