Need your guys advice

Thank Kelly, i still have all the stuff for the MO.

What do you think they could do if i contacted his local PD?

I've no idea. There's a good chance that he gave a false name/address to you.

I think his PD would probably refer you to your local PD, since the problem is yours and not in THEIR jurisdiction.. but i really don't know.

Are you SURE your stuff won't arrive? Mail from Canada takes forever and a day. Tell him you want a Delivery Confirmation number within the next 24 hours or your contacting the police.

Well i was thining since to cash a MO (like he said he did) he would have needed to show ID. He said he shipped it on the april 11th priority. So there MIGHT be a possibility it will still come in, but the thing that scared me is ive sent him an email everyday for the past 10 days and he has not got back to me.

:meh: 10 days in a row and no responce????

even if he shipped priority, you need to demand a delivery confirmation number. if i ship anything over 10 bucks, I ship with delivery confirmation. over 50 and I get insurance.

I'd go report that asap. if he isn't responding for 10 days..

Geez, I just sent him an email and got this back

God damn,

I have like 9 email from you that just popped out of nowhere. Seriously why in the hell didnt you call me? I've been emailing you for several day now with no answer from you. So now im sending it to you here and my home email, plus my PHONE 514-296-****....

So if you cant reach me now, their is a problem, to let you know tried contacting you to get your real adress, because package got sent back to my saying undeliverable, and that was LAST week. But never got an answer from you....so im still waiting.

So unless you send me your adress again with home phone to put on the label, their is no way i cans end it back.

lmk ASAP , im in trhe process of moving out and will have my internet till friday and monday or tuesday in the new house....LMK

Boy does this make me happy, lol

phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell him ASAP that you want it sent with delivery confirmation! its 60 cents and will set both your minds at ease.

'South Jersey' isn't THAT far from teh border.. :playball::gun:

I will Kelly, already lost one lens by not getting insurance and tracking.

OMG I would call him ASAP. It sounds like he is setting up the scenario to screw you over big time.
You had a tonne of correspondence with him prior to buying with no issue.
You send money, all of a sudden emails are sparse.
Now he's asking why you didn't just call, emails just suddenly appeared. Yeah right.
He's moving.
Internet will be disconnected. Phone line as well I assume?

Yeah Thats why whenever I do business online, I always use paypal, EVERYTIME, I bought a d200 from a guy on this forum, wanted me to send money order cause of paypal fees, I payed him a bit more to use paypal. Everything went fine and the d200 was great, but better safe then sorry IMO. Hope everything works out, give us an update when new info arrives.

Hope that works out for you, I saw a guy on a motorcycle forum, that got screwed by another member on some tires, asked if any web savvy people could dig up anything on the guy, and within an hour people had found the guys place of work, his wifes work phone#, and his father-in-law's email. He contacted the guys father-in-law, and the father-in-law was just as pissed about it as he was. So his father-in-law went over to his house and kicked his son-in-laws ass, so to speak. I laughed so hard.:lol: And is that had not worked out, he had photos and sexual propositions ads that were posted on a swingers site, by his daughter! I think he kept those quiet though. :lmao:

is delivery confirmation a form of tracking? he should give you a tracking number of the delivery so you will know where your package is.

especially with customs being so strict, you may not see it for a long time.

Sorry to say but... that email is just a stall tactic!
Call him right away and talk to him personally!!!!
Hook phone to pc and record call.
Demand money back ASAP.

But really not alot you can do.

They best way threaten to spread his personal info all over the net.

You have his number, the address that you sent MO to, name and email.
Call your bank and get info on when MO was cashed and by who.
Demand to see actual signature of money order tranaction.

I bark about this from day one I joined this forum.

I wish you recieve your lens very soon mate, I really do. But be ready also for the worst outcome with big heart, which happened to everyone in our life somehow sometime with some amount. Money transer or direct deposit is exactly giving cash from person to person.

In the future, local shop local shop local shop, just like mine 10 minutes away. Better off $200 more expensive but sure and secure.

All the best.

Anyways the guy had said that he had wanted to stay away from PayPal becuase he had recently had a bad experiance with it.

His bad experience may have been that when he did not cough up the goods, PayPal "took back the money" for the purchaser. My sister has got back money in paypal transactions when the goods were not as represented on ebay. Paypal once had a poor reputation but they have worked on cleaning up their act and although less than perfect, they have become more reliable for the purchaser than previously.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back