Need your help with photo please ASAP

Photos de l'amour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to take Prom photos of my son but ended up not having enough time. So I got a shot before they headed on the bus. I need to try to fix it up enough to frame it. I have tried some of my ideas and would like to know if you think it is good enough or if you have any better ideas.

1. original

DSC_0001.jpg

2. edited

Prom2010.jpg

Not half bad actually. I was wondering what you had done before I could scroll down to the edit. Not bad at all. Might blur the former foreground behind them. That's gonna be distracting as heck. Otherwise, great.

I agree. Not a bad edit at all, the only thing that distracts me is the disagreement in perspectives from subjects to background. I'd go recreate the shot (in your head) on the background you want so that you have the same perspective in relation to the size of things (trees) and the proximity of the ground.

There's a really big shadow cast on the young man, I think it's your shadow. If you can edit that out with some layering or healing tool you might give that a try, also. Otherwise it's not a bad edit at all.

I am working on another edit of the photo so we will see if it is better.

How would you get rid of that shadow? I tried the healing and it isn't working. What do you mean by layering?

There's a really big shadow cast on the young man, I think it's your shadow. If you can edit that out with some layering or healing tool you might give that a try, also. Otherwise it's not a bad edit at all.
Wow...didn't really noticed that in till you pointed out.
Nicely done.

Actually I think a simple black background with a spot on the couple would have been really effective here. They're dressed pretty formally and very artistically in black and white besides. This is a bit off this background of daylight and trees. A spot on black like on a stage would be lovely and you'd also be able to take it to black and white for fun that way in addition if you wanted to. If you still want to stick with a forest background I'd go for a night shot with trees, moon and stars behind them. It suits the event, the clothing and their color scheme a lot better.

The look they have going on is very retro. They look like old 30's, 40's movie stars. You could do a glamour shot via old Hollywood. Do it like an old actor's pin up. Spotlight up the center like they used to do.

Like this, only it's with a couple...

http://www.divasthesite.com/Acting_Divas/Stories/Bio_Marlene_Dietrich.htm

Maybe not quite this harsh, but you get the idea.

Use a black background and a spit and you will make THEM the stars of the portrait.

It would be perfect with their look.

Ok, I worked on the first one a little more. Is this better?

Prom2010-1.jpg

Wow, you guys really don't like the black background, lol. I think it looks kind of neat. I will let them choose which one they like. Does anyone have any other suggestions of backgrounds?

I changed the background and the lighting a little, any better?

Prom2010_black1.jpg

Is this better?

Last edited:
i dont like the black background... I'm wondering where her arm is?

The very first one you did looks the most real, infact I would never notice, the last one looks a bit fakey..

Ya, I noticed that too. I tried to keep the lighting light enough to see it better. Oh well...

I also like your first edit. But I would crop out most of the background on the sides, and crop out your shadow and his hand. His hand looks awkward, it's pretty obvious he's gripping something thicker than his jacket.

How long did this edit take you? It would take me hours. You did a great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back