Need your opinion...Give it to me RAW!

ImaginationalArts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have started a flickr account and I am wanting to sell my photography...I would like to ask if I am asking to much for my work.

For most of my life I have had a p&s. I have now just gotten into dslr and i fell in LOVE!!! I don't know how I managed all these years with a p&s.

So I just want your opinoin on some of my latest work...You can follow this link here... Flickr: ImaginationalArt's Photostream

Thank you for taking the time for feed back!

Welcome to the forum

I do not want to be rude, but about 5 gazillion people what to sell their photos. I saw your flicker shots and did not see anything to say "wow", which can be had on so many other sites. Plus you don't think much of yourself by selling them so cheaply.

If you want to be successful, search this forum and others, read what has to be said and then become very creative, thinking way out of the box.
It looks to me like you have a long way to go to really make any kind of money.

Good luck though and don't let my rambling stop you.

If you look closely at this shot, one can see the electrical wires across the whole shot. This is what I meant by your needing a lot of work.........
Also loose the watermark across the whole picture. Make it smaller and put it in the lower corner. People will steal any and all photos regardless of the watermark.

this just reminded me of an ol dirty bastard song....sorry i know that has nothing to do with this post but i thought it was funny.

Shimmy shimmy-YAW shimmy-yam Shimmy-yay....

On a serious note i think you should get some help here by researching this forums topics and maybe post some pics for c&c. Keep at it and good luck. BTW i don't see much market potential for those photos, but I am not a pro.

I have started a flickr account and I am wanting to sell my photography...I would like to ask if I am asking to much for my work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imaginationalart/?saved=1

Thank you for taking the time for feed back!
First.
Most people here won't bother to click on your Flickr link.

With huge camera sales and many photo sharing web sites the photography market is flooded, just flooded.

On a daily basis millions of photographs are added to the WWW.

At the same time, thousands of people decide they want to make money selling their pixs.

The trouble is most of them have exactly the same kind of pixs:
  • Flowers
  • Landscapes
  • Animals
FLA's for short.

From the stock photograph industry it is known that 85% of all the images that sell worldwide have people in them and those people are the main subject in the image.

That leaves you, and the millions of others also wanting to sell FLA's competeing with one another in that 15% of the market that is left.

So you have to somehow stand out from the huge crowd.

Do you think what you have posted on Flickr stands above the crowd?

Have you looked to see what others are offering? And at what price?

LMAO at all the comments...This is how I wanted to start my welcome...some funny stuff! I know them photos SUCK! I just wanted to see if this community would be honest and not be like WOW NEAT PICS GREAT WORK!!!! You guys telling me the way it is leads me to believe I can learn alot from this site! Very excited that you all responded the way you did!!! Thanks for the input.... still LMAO!!!!! 5.00 for this CRAP Pic and 10.00 for this CRAP Pic!!! LOL!!!

I have tons to learn. I just want to shoot photography...Just a hobby really!

Don't quit your day job, or get a dayjob if you don't have one.

LMAO at all the comments...This is how I wanted to start my welcome...some funny stuff! I know them photos SUCK! I just wanted to see if this community would be honest and not be like WOW NEAT PICS GREAT WORK!!!! You guys telling me the way it is leads me to believe I can learn alot from this site! Very excited that you all responded the way you did!!! Thanks for the input.... still LMAO!!!!! 5.00 for this CRAP Pic and 10.00 for this CRAP Pic!!! LOL!!!

Yeah, your pictures are nothing special. thought you where trolling.

The problem now for you is to trust those people on this site who responded to you, if they'll give you actual CnC in the future or how brutal it might be. Play nice now.:lol:

:roll:

You made a joke thread to test "us"?

:er:

I wonder how many people you put off by that.

:thumbup:

:roll:

You made a joke thread to test "us"?

:er:

I wonder how many people you put off by that.

:thumbup:

Yeah, but look at his Flickr account, he's put up contact information and everything in every photo in regards to purchasing them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back