Needs Help!

LiLDizzyDizaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Nikon D-50 with a 70-300 mm lens and some other attachments. I love the camera to death BUT it's just so big and hard to bring anywhere :thumbdown:

So I was thinking of selling it and getting a smaller sleeker camera with the same equivalency of features but I can take places and do point and shoot photography. But still have good results. :thumbup:

SOOO. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on good cameras that have tons of settings you can play around with like but is small enough to bring places. Also tell me if you think I am making a mistake selling mine haha:mrgreen:

* Must be digital *

Thank you so much!

Keep the D50 and learn to lug it around. Just put the strap around your neck/arm so it hangs to one side, like a messenger bag.

Apparently you don't quite love it death...love my kids to death but I'll probably sell them off cuz their to bulky to drag around also.

Apparently you don't quite love it death...love my kids to death but I'll probably sell them off cuz their to bulky to drag around also.

You have no reason to be rude. Sorry If my post is not to your liking dear. I don't believe there is anything wrong with wanting to downsize. I go to school with a bunch of stealing girls. I can't take such a big camera everywhere I go. Yes I love my camera I am asking opinions if I should keep it or not to see if maybe a smaller one would be better. I don't have kids so I wouldn't know. So please either don't message on my threads or be nicer =) And give advice that actually is helpful and not so rude.

Thank You.:sillysmi:

Keep the D50 and learn to lug it around. Just put the strap around your neck/arm so it hangs to one side, like a messenger bag.

Thank you for your comment I only had a thought of doing it nothing I was going to jump into I just noticed I really have not been doing much lately because I go to school with a lot of girls and they tend to steal things so it's just really hard to bring it around there, and we have no lockers. I just didn't know if it would be better or worse. :sillysmi:

You will never get the quality or flexibility out of a P&S that you get from your SLR. I would suggest hanging on to your D50 and augment it with a decent P&S. Use your SLR when quality matters, and your P&S when you have certain concerns about the safety of your camera. A good neoprene strap will make it feel lighter, Optech is a good brand. To answer your question, yes, I believe it would be a mistake to sell your SLR to get a P&S.

You will never get the quality or flexibility out of a P&S that you get from your SLR. I would suggest hanging on to your D50 and augment it with a decent P&S. Use your SLR when quality matters, and your P&S when you have certain concerns about the safety of your camera. A good neoprene strap will make it feel lighter, Optech is a good brand. To answer your question, yes, I believe it would be a mistake to sell your SLR to get a P&S.

Thank you that really helped. Like I said I don't want to sell it, it just seems so big its not really the heaviness it's bringing it places to get pictures since I do a lot of outdoor things landscapes and such bringing it around with school and work really isn't easy. But I think I will keep it and just invest in another camera for on the go quick shots. Thanks again for your input!:mrgreen:

I dont see the need to downsize at all. Get a Nikon D700 and Sigma 50-500mm zoom lens. Then carry that around. Photo_Example

Really, though, you can downsize if you want. Know what you want to buy, then know the differences between that and your current camera. Think about if you can deal without the features and quality you lose by downsizing. If you decide that all of this isnt that important to you, then downsize. If you want all the glitz and glamour, dont. I, personally, would not go back. DSLRs are very rewarding. Give it a chance. Youll feel like this for a while, but youll get used to it:

PIC_3560.jpg

Mark

I dont see the need to downsize at all. Get a Nikon D700 and Sigma 50-500mm zoom lens. Then carry that around. Photo_Example

Really, though, you can downsize if you want. Know what you want to buy, then know the differences between that and your current camera. Think about if you can deal without the features and quality you lose by downsizing. If you decide that all of this isnt that important to you, then downsize. If you want all the glitz and glamour, dont. I, personally, would not go back. DSLRs are very rewarding. Give it a chance.

Mark

Well noting that everyone that has commented on my thread has told me to not sell mine I don't think I will. Instead I think I will just invest in another camera that I can bring around for quick point and shoot things and use my SLR for times when I have time to stop and shoot. Thank you! :mrgreen:

You have no reason to be rude. Sorry If my post is not to your liking dear. I don't believe there is anything wrong with wanting to downsize. I go to school with a bunch of stealing girls. I can't take such a big camera everywhere I go. Yes I love my camera I am asking opinions if I should keep it or not to see if maybe a smaller one would be better. I don't have kids so I wouldn't know. So please either don't message on my threads or be nicer =) And give advice that actually is helpful and not so rude.

Wasnt intended to be as rude as it might have sounded, appologize for that, just thought these were things you thought about before you bought a bigger camera. And as much as i enjoy having my camera i could never sell it for a smaller less versatile camera and think you would be unhappy if you did also.

Wasnt intended to be as rude as it might have sounded, appologize for that, just thought these were things you thought about before you bought a bigger camera. And as much as i enjoy having my camera i could never sell it for a smaller less versatile camera and think you would be unhappy if you did also.

It's ok I was just stunned I was like ahhh what lol. I have not chosen to give it up I was just in a line of thought and I joined this forum just to ask people like you for input on the thought and so far you are right everyone says I should keep it and for that I'm sure I will. Thank you again for your input I greatly appreciate it

The lens you have on the D50 is somewhat ungainly and has a lot to do with how cumbersome it feels.

How often do you use the 300 mm end of the lens?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back