Needs Some Water

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Saw this old boat at a children's farm today :)

boat_sep.jpg

...and more than just "a lick of" paint! :D

Well spotted, well framed, well processed. The sepia befits the subject.

...and more than just "a lick of" paint! :D

Well spotted, well framed, well processed. The sepia befits the subject.
I'm not so sure about that; if you gave it any more than a lick, it would likely fall apart! :lol:

That is nice. I like the sepia too.

Let me know though, am I correct in thinking they ~grow children there?- like in rows?

That is nice. I like the sepia too.

Let me know though, am I correct in thinking they ~grow children there?- like in rows?

No they don't grow children there :lol: It's one of those places kids can get an idea of farm animals etc and farm life etc :)

tirediron said:
I'm not so sure about that; if you gave it any more than a lick, it would likely fall apart!

I think it's pretty strong actually even though it doesnt look like it :lol: Kids play around on it all the time I believe :)

This photo makes me feel bad for the poor boat. It was created to serve a purpose it can no longer fulfill. :(

I'm a weirdo like that. The image is great, and helps me see what sort of image works with the sepia tone. I have a tendency to overuse it myself. :)

No they don't grow children there :lol: It's one of those places kids can get an idea of farm animals etc and farm life etc :)

:) I keep drifting into the surreal- tidy rows of children; a patch of girls in pretty skirts, a patch of boys wearing flannel shirts.

I think it's pretty strong actually even though it doesnt look like it :lol: Kids play around on it all the time I believe :)

Thanks- That's a flood of memories! My grandfather had an old boat on a trailer at his farm. We used to move the cement block out from under the tongue, to rock the 'ship' back and forth on its wheels as if we were at sea. My uncles were in the navy, so we had the appropriate naval caps to add to the game.

This photo makes me feel bad for the poor boat. It was created to serve a purpose it can no longer fulfill. :(

It's probably getting more use now from the kids climbing and playing on it that visit there than it ever did as an actual boat on the water :) At least its not rotting somewhere forgotten etc...

abraxas said:
Thanks- That's a flood of memories! My grandfather had an old boat on a trailer at his farm. We used to move the cement block out from under the tongue, to rock the 'ship' back and forth on its wheels as if we were at sea. My uncles were in the navy, so we had the appropriate naval caps to add to the game.

Yeah it's good I think when we see a pic of something that reminds us of those childhood moments - Happy carefree times :)

Wow, really cool! I love photography of abandoned stuff like this, and the sepia looks very nice.

Great shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back