Needs Work?

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Dylan, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Dylan

Dylan TPF Noob!

I shot this picture in the conservatory at Longwood Gardens. I like the way it came out however I'm not sure if it needs work. I'd like the white on the petals to look brighter. Do I need to adjust the saturation a bit? I'm not sure if I really need to tweak this. Sometimes I feel as though I fall into a trap by Photoshopping everything. Anyway your opinion is appreciated.

[​IMG]

Here's the updated image. I tweaked the hue/saturation a bit. let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

2. rmh159

rmh159 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't know how much I'd mess with it. You might be able to get the reds to pop a BIT but I would say any post work would be done due to preference and not to save a bad pic. If you're happy with it I'd leave it be. I do like how the lines all converge on the center.

What do you normally do to pics in post that you say you become a PS addict? I usually do some Levels and Curves on most pics and leave it at that.

3. Dylan

Dylan TPF Noob!

Yeah I do levels and curves too. Sometimes I mess with the hue/saturation and the contrast. I guess it's not bad but I would like the colors to pop a bit more.

4. rmh159

rmh159 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah like the yellow in the center. You could saturate that a few different ways... I'd just mess with it and see what results look good. You'll have to find the balance of a good level of "pop" compared to a flower that looks like it's radioactively glowing.

5. Dylan

Dylan TPF Noob!

Bump. New edit posted below the original.