neg to cd

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by medecin1, May 28, 2005.

1. medecin1

medecin1 TPF Noob!

what is the best scanner for 35mmfilm and slide film on the market? what would be the most economical method to scan approx 5,000 negs?

2. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    well... to achieve the best results it is better to scan a print.. even when it is 9x13 cm you'll get better results than scanning negs on home scanner... but I know it is impossible to take 5000 prints and scan them... I cannot help yo with choosing a scaner but I just found a great article in the newspaper about scanning negs and how to improve pictures like those in PS, I can rewrite/translate it if you want

3. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I personally like the one I use, OpticFilm 7200 by Plustek. I got it at http://www.tigerdirect.com for about $200.00 plus shipping. It's been great so far for me.

4. Unimaxium

Unimaxium TPF Noob!

Northeastern University, originally from Philly
    Photos OK to edit
    The best film scanner might be the ICG 380 drum scanner, which is 12,000dpi and is upwards of $10,000. But for something on a mortal's budget, the plustek that Mitica mentioned I have heard is quite good. I have a Minolta Dimage Dual Scan IV, which isn't bad, although I am not all too crazy for the results from it (which could just be because I'm picky). So based on what I have heard about it, I would probably reccomend the Plustek.