Negatives are too grey

Ilford HP5 and Delta is also a B/W film. They look a whole lot more contrasty and detailed than the "grey" Efke film. And those are what I'm comparing the Efke KB400 film too. I know they're all shades of grey as a pure white or pure black contains no info.

Don't really know where you're trying to go with this...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

On a serious note, without seeing examples it is difficult to really know what the problem is. It could be bad film stock or something in the development (likely also as a result of bad film). If your negatives are "thin" this might suggest that the hilights are not developing out. I'd suggest increasing development time or increase developer concentration. I personally would try the latter.

If your shadows are foggy with no appreciable detail, which it sounds like is the case, this is probably bad film. Try exposing at a higher ISO and increase development time accordingly, but, I wouldn't expect much from it.

I'll see if I can scan one of the negatives and post it up. I would say foggy is a very good description on how the film looks. I have another KB400 loaded in my old Zorki C as of now, I'll increase the developer consentration and test it again once I'm done with that roll.

Ilford HP5 and Delta is also a B/W film. They look a whole lot more contrasty and detailed than the "grey" Efke film. And those are what I'm comparing the Efke KB400 film too. I know they're all shades of grey as a pure white or pure black contains no info.

Don't really know where you're trying to go with this...

If you want more contrast develop for longer

Most reactions

Back