Neighbor found dead

GFruge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I work offshore and gone for 2 weeks at a time. Anyways, my wife calls my office yesterday evening almost out of breath. The neighbor had just notified her that my next door neighbor had been found dead by the lawn man. The lawn man noticed some flies on the inside of the window in a particular room and found it strange. He then notified the law enforcement who came out and discovered the guy dead in his home. Kinda freaky. My wife told me that our dog had been sniffing that side of the fence lately, maybe he could smell something.

The guy was single / divorced and worked overseas for a company with a schedule of 35 days at work in Africa and 35 days at home. Who knows how he died or how long he was dead.

That makes me very sad that someone is so alone to die and no one cares to look that he's missing.

It's awefully hard to know if someone like him is actually home. I'll give you an example. I've worked a schedule of 14 days at work, then 14 days at home for the past 10 years. When I was single, no one knew where I was. On my off days, I'd leave and visit another country for 10 days of my 14 days off.

In the past, I'd hear the guy rumbling around with something next door, then I would hear or see him for a week or so, then I'd briefly see him.

I would say that it does suck that maybe he didn't have family or his family didn't care to check on him from time to time. Atleast someone in my family always knew where I was and how to get in touch with me.

I have lived by myself for 8 years now, even though I am always in touch with my family and friends, I live far from them and travel a lot too, sometimes I don't have a chance to return calls the same day or in a couple of days.. every once in a while a tv show, movie or an actual story like this makes me wonder if it could happen to me.

I always tease my mom that if I don't call or answer in 2 days tops, to send someone to check on me.. she doesn't find it at all funny, but sadly as you just experienced it can happen :(

Making an effort to at least talk to one relative or friend outside work everyday is my goal, I don't want them to get used to not talking to me and figure I'm just unavailable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back