Nervous as heck...

Kerbouchard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, shooting my first wedding today. Anybody got any advice?

Updated: Pictures added

Last edited:
You have heard enough from me from the past. Just kill it! Keep it simple and take your time. Dont eat a lot and keep your self hydrated. I usually only eat powerbar before a wedding gig. Dont forget to share. So you are the main photographer?

You have heard enough from me from the past. Just kill it! Keep it simple and take your time. Dont eat a lot and keep your self hydrated. I usually only eat powerbar before a wedding gig. Dont forget to share. So you are the main photographer?

Yeah...one of those times where I should have just kept my mouth shut. A girl who works with me(sort of, she's a janitor at the building I run) is getting married. She had less than $200 and a week and a half to find a photographer. I knew what she would get with that time frame and budget, so I volunteered. We haven't even discussed money at this point because when I did mention it, she told me 'she had found another photographer'. I later found out that she didn't and was just embarassed.

In any case, I'm basically going to take whatever she does give me and buy prints with it.

Anyway, batteries are charged, memory cards are ready, and the bag is packed. You think it's too late to back out?

Just tell them to tip you whatever. Dont ask for money. Nickle and diming a budget wedding is not worth it IMO. I would probably just give them the files. Charging them for prints will cause more problem IMO.

Don't forget to take the lens cap off.

Just tell them to tip you whatever. Dont ask for money. Nickle and diming a budget wedding is not worth it IMO. I would probably just give them the files. Charging them for prints will cause more problem IMO.

I am not charging them for prints. I am basically going to take whatever her sister does give me and put together an album and hopefully one large print. We'll see how far the budget goes. And yes, I do plan on giving her a DVD with the files.

This is more of a wedding gift than a gig. I have no intention of nickle and diming this. There aren't that many nickle and dimes to go around, and she's trying to start a new life.

You'll do great!! We have all seen your work, you are ready!! Don't forget to let us know how it went tonight!!! :hug::

Whatever you do - don't walk backwards!

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever you do - don't walk backwards!

;)

It's a terrible idea to shoot weddings if you have absolutely zero situational awareness.

So, basically, don't walk backwards and take the lens cap off...Got it.

Please watch the DJ closely.....lol

I was doing some research, and it seems like not walking backwards and taking the lens cap off aren't all that is required. So, nobody is going to tell me what lens to use or what settings I should use? This forum is worthless. :thumbdown:

I'd use the 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6. Also try P mode, of course it stands for professional.

I'd use the 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6. Also try P mode, of course it stands for professional.

Finally, some actual advice. I appreciate it. I don't have an 18-55, though. Should I buy one? Do you think I should use a flash?

Edited to add: It doesn't look like the 18-55 works on my camera. I'm so confused.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back