TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nesting Sparrow by wee_pete, on Flickr

The sparrows on the island were raiding the grasses for some nesting material. One of the guys has put out some bird feeders so there was a flock of 100 or so nearby and flitting around. I'm still trying to get one in flight but they are pretty quick little beggars.

Nicely done, Pete. I love the contrast of the darker browns of the bird with the light beige of the grass, and I reckon the grass and bird sitting on the diagonal of the image gives the composition a nice balanced feel.

And yes, they are quick. I find I need a fair bit of thought to put myself in the position where I can be lucky, then I need a fair bit of luck to take advantage of it. Satisfying, though....

Thanks mate, when I saw them perched there I thought it looked nice, plus the background was far away it gave be the chance to blur it nicely snd get a bit of seperation.

I almost managed to get a lark jumping from branch to branch on the heather but my pre-focus was off as it jumped forward and out of accaptable focus so it got binned. I'm just going out now with my daugher to see if we can find the gull chicks that were around the other day. I still find bird photography challenging at the best of times but at the same time it's also what makes it fun.

Most reactions

Back