Network!

metroshane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here's a tip. Network. Get to know as many people in and around the industry as possible. I know you should be able to get by on your talent and work ethic...but it just isn't realistic. You have to get to know people.

The reason I'm sharing is b/c I'm just now getting to the point where I can network successfully....it's a learned skill. So now, I'm working with a make-up artist (who needs a portfolio), and actress (who needs a portfolio), a model (who needs a portfolio), a clothing designer (who needs a portfolio)...get the idea?

So I get the make-up artist to do the model who's wearing clothes borrowed from the designer. It all makes for a more professional shoot and everyone goes home happy with material to further their careers.

sounds like a great idea, now I just need to meet an aspiring model/actor, make-up artist, and clothes designer :D Shouldn't be too hard right?? LOL

I asked a friend to take makeup classes at the community college for me. I didn't have time to do it myself. For the couple hundred bucks in tuition, she will work do makeup for me at no charge. If it's a paying client, she gets to keep the dough. :p So far, it's working well. Now I just need someone to model for me. Any volunteers??? 8)

Most reactions

Back