Neulietzegöricke (with photos added on "This Old House")

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A little village in Brandenburg, east of Berlin, very close to the Polish border - used to be East Germany and still looks a lot like it today, mostly so with this "Trabbi" going along the streets.

neulietzegrikeframed.jpg

Photo taken while on summer holidays in the area in July/August of this year.
(Original photo digitally taken in colour)

And don't even TRY to pronounce the name of this place! ;)

It's a very nice shot foto but do you know what is the very best little item in it? Oh heck I can't make you guess... the thing that turns if from a vacation snapshot to something more is the little bit of frame at the top left of the image...Most people wouldn't have bothered

Oops, well actually my intent was to get this car into the frame at all costs and not losing any of the foremost house, i.e. not to cut off any part of its roof. Those were the two things I took in when I framed it (this is totally uncropped). The little bit of framing by the leaves ... thanks for the compliment, but ... stole itself into my frame all by itself. :oops:

Oh. Mistake after mistake tonight (it is "tonight" where I am already) ... how silly I am.

Yeah, "I'm glad someone finally noticed" ...

... :er: this is too late now, isn't it? :blulsh2:

Nice shot!! I like it a lot..
- I know it's right, but the car looks like its half the width it should be... funny cars, and no mistake

Yes, the "Trabant" (always referred to as "Trabbi") was a purely East German brand and the cars are not necessarily made from metal, but a lot of it is hard paper...

There were few cars in that village only, but those that were there were Western brands, so when this came puff-puffing along the road I just COULD NOT not photograph it.

mysteryscribe said:
the thing that turns if from a vacation snapshot to something more
Sometimes I wonder what does? This is an ordinary picture, and yet it looks so great. I doubt it's the top-left corner alone.

I love that little car and the houses it all works. That tree on the top left looks like its making a tunnel for it kind of

try looking at the picture without any foreground and note that the illusion of depth disappears. Foreground in a shot is a classic compostion trick of painter mostly but also photographers.

A painting and photograph is a two dimensional object but the illusion of depth can be created by foreground or leading lines. Those and lots of other compostion tricks turn snapshots into something more even if they dont rise to the level of fine are.... whatever that is.

wow! lovely tones and composition corinna :)
love the simplicity of this one :D
very nicely done :)

:goodvibe: Thank you so much, all, for looking at my little pic and for liking it - makes me happy :goodvibe:

Maybe just some more information on this very village:

The entire village is listed these days. A good many houses are still waiting for restauration and eventually the entire village will be made up.

Here is a town map taken off Wikipedia:

180px-Neulietze_Ortsplan.jpg

You can see that the village is primarily houses to the left and the right of a street that forks open into two lanes while they go through the village and becomes one again at the end.

To show you whereabouts in Germany it is situated, here another map taken off Wikipedia:

140px-Deutschland_Brandenburg_Neulietzeg%C3%B6ricke.png

And this aerial view taken off the site www.oderbruchpavillion.de shows you what it looks like ... and my photo was taken on the part of street on the right heading north:

luftbild_2_nlg.jpg

I took MANY more pictures in Neulietzegöricke! I was totally SMITTEN by that village! (My family were dismayed ... "Ah, she must take ANOTHER photo, *groan*!")
winking0001.gif

I really love this shot!!!
and mostly the Trabbi, when i was there, i dont think i ever passed up a picture of one :)

and yes, even though i speak decent german, i still cant pronounce that name.... goer icke....??? like the english word ick? with an e?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back