Neulietzegöricke (with photos added on "This Old House")

Yes... just about ... yes. ;) And thanks for liking this photo.
I have ever so many more of the place, it was a TREASURE!

Actually, this man here was out and about in that same place, too. :D

Oops, I think the link takes you to the wrong place ... the person I am talking about is about 4 posts higher up than where the link takes you.

This is one other little series of pics I took while we visited this little village, and unfortunately my post processing steps of conversion and toning not all followed the very same path (which bugs me now, but well):

This Old House:

thisoldhouse01bwtintedframed.jpg

thisoldhouse02bwtintedframed.jpg

thisoldhouse03bwtintedframed.jpg

thisoldhouse04bwtintedframed.jpg

Number 2 and 3 of the second series do i t for me, the texture is great.

I like the first one a lot. I think the car makes it. Yeah, it's a Trabant. :) It was once a national pride of East Germany, but also in a way that's what the country was perceived in the West? Don't know so much about the history..

Yes, I believe that this brand of car in some manner did form our, the West Germans', perception of East German economy and how things developed "over there".
What I never understood is why when you applied for a new car, you had to wait for a car of this kind for 15 years or so before you'd get it :shock: !!! So, of course, once they had a car of their own, everyone was very proud and overly happy!
And they run on two-stroke engines ... their sound is quite unique, too, for a CAR! But they have become rare in the past 16 years...

i think, the very first one would also make an exellent trabbi-shot in portrait, just using the left part of the image :)

oh, and i like the last shot very much ... nice light and shadows in the details there

These are some really cool shots Corinna. I love the buildings there. If they could only talk, I can imagine the history behind them. Very well captured.:D

What a beautiful little village, so many gems in these photographs! You're making me very excited about my short trip to Germany later this year now!

Most reactions

Back