Neutral Density filter pictures....

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a N4D filter, ans now I need inspiration (i bought it tonight) Its not a graduated one just a regular nd filter, so I thought I would start a thread to see what you all have archived with yours.
BTW I have no waterfalls near me but I will be going to the beach to try it out. whan you post a pic, write down the circumstances that surround the pic too...
Thanks

not personally aimed at you..but i'm glad there are no rockfalls/waterfalls nearby to photograph. it's become such a tedious, photographic cliche.

It's not always about water IMO. When I saw this thread, it made me want to run outside and take a couple of shots with and without.

I have a 3 stop Hoya Pro MC filter. Both shots taken at f/4, 1/250, ISO200 and EV= -1.0 at 1:23PM in bright sun without a lens hood.

..................Without.........................................................................With..................
_DSC9031-5-1-web.jpg
_DSC9032-6-1-web.jpg

These are SOOC and only resized for upload.

That's another use.

Here is my 'tedious, photographic cliche'...
If I remember correctly, I had two ND4 filters and a C.P. filter. Exposure time was between 20 and 30 seconds.
5856-FR-web.jpg

Here is one where I wish I had an ND filter...only had a CP and F29
Kananaskis-001.jpg

Hope you dont mind me editing your photo big mike?, but when I saw this photo I knew a little crop and clone would make it special, and I think it has!!. :D
2785624105_60539180b8_o.jpg

Here's a few examples of times I used a neutral density filter or two, there are lots of uses for these great filters, I have lots more examples on my external hard drive but cant be bothered to go searching for them..

2238990379_5be6c64389_b.jpg

2236160059_80f08d9d6d.jpg

2236027571_b3a3635d30.jpg

I know these 3 examples show water but theres so many other uses apart from water, ohh and another thing, ALWAYS use a tripod...

I love my ND Filters, I just bought an HD Neutral Density from FaderFilters.com, does anyone know about them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back