neutral density filter

goodoneian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey, i just got a 3 stop neutral density filter and cokin filter holder. so far i've liked the results i've got from it. anyone have any suggestions on how to use it to its fullest capabilities?

Yes shoot raw. From what I have heard the Cokin filters will colour cast in the purple direction so it may affect your white balance slightly.

It depends. If it is a graduated neutral density filter then it is ideal for sunsets or sunrises with foregrounds or even shooting towards the brightest area of the sky with land in the foreground. This filter will maintain the colour and richness of the sky while brightening the foreground. You can also use it to create an effect similar to a polarizer filter on any section of the sky.

skieur

It depends. If it is a graduated neutral density filter then it is ideal for sunsets or sunrises with foregrounds or even shooting towards the brightest area of the sky with land in the foreground. This filter will maintain the colour and richness of the sky while brightening the foreground. You can also use it to create an effect similar to a polarizer filter on any section of the sky.

skieur

yeah, it's a graduated ND. and that's what i've been using it for so far, as far as using it to darken skies and still keep the forground bright. i haven't had the chance to use it for any sunrises/ sunsets yet though, but i really want to

Most reactions

Back