never done this before [sunrise warning!!!]

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
I bet you'd never have guessed that I would ever post another sunrise, huh?. ;)

grad_sun.jpg

striated_morn.jpg

Same pic, different ends of the zoom.

"Different ends of the zoom"

My first thought was "He turned his zoom around and shot through the other end? How'd he keep light from leaking?"

Then my brain turned on! :oops: :wink:

Nics shot, Bug! I like the colors of the 2nd better, but I like the pano cropping of the 1st one so much.

Back on song again Jim?
The first one is really sharp so I guess I prefer it, if only the second was as sharp and bright.
I'm finding the same thing with my zoom and I suppose it's the smog/dust etc. in the air? Please tell me it ain't the lens!

drlynn- I've done that before. Think emergency macro. A lens, some gaffer tape... :wink:

Sid- they're both equally sharp, it's just that the closeup seems blurred because there really isn't anything that seems clearly in focus. It's the nature of wispy clouds.

And you call that smog/haze thing "environmental conditions beyond my control" with a straight face. Doesn't work if you smirk when you say it though. Gotta have the straight face. Practice in the mirror.

The second shot seems less bright because there's less sky in it I think.

photobug said:
The second shot seems less bright because there's less sky in it I think.
Our eyes can be easily fooled by such things, like with this optical illusion, but I loaded them into photoshop and the first one is significantly lighter.

I like the the panoramic crop on that, BTW. Sunset shots are really common, but this one does it for me.

Thanks guys!

markc- strange, they were pretty close after I cropped them. Unless... I uploaded the wrong version of the second one. Nah, that could never happen! Me mess up? :lol

Well, what's not to love? He's fat, graying, occassionally amusing & absolutely no threat to anyone! And sometimes takes a mean picture. ;)

Most reactions

Back