NEW 1.2 50mm LENS !!!! best cammera settings

Reaction score
well i got a new 1.2 50mm lens im shooting mainly fashion what should i set up my digital slr too (nikon d70s) iso 100 , f stop , exposure ..... for really bright colors

MICHAEL BURNS

www.MICHAEL-BURNS.org

sorry 200 yea but what else should i set it up as :lmao:

wwwMICHAEL-BURNSorg said:
well i got a new 1.2 50mm lens im shooting mainly fashion what should i set up my digital slr too (nikon d70s) iso 100 , f stop , exposure ..... for really bright colors

MICHAEL BURNS

www.MICHAEL-BURNS.org

umm.... did you happen to see plasticspanner's post? you need to know your lighting config, etc. for example, if its really bright and you hold the shutter open the pic its gonna turn out white. ;)

do you have studio lamps? Backdrops? Like spanner said, is there any movement in the model? Or is he/she completely still?

YEA FAN BLOWING A LIL HAIR IS THE BACK DROP IS A GREY COLOR I CAN PALY WITHTHE LIGHTS FARTHER AWAY AND CLOSER WHATS THE OPTIMAL SET UP FOR THIS INSTANCE ?

Well.... Optimal is a subjective word.
What is optimal? What 'look' do you want to acheive?

If you want harsh shadows, use bright close lights. If you want a softer look, use a transparent brolly.

You probably wont be using the lens wide open at f/1.2 because the DOF is so narrow there and it'll let way too much light in for full on studio lighting. Choose your aperture based on the depth of field you want - and also consider the subject to background distance.

That website in your username and sig..... is that yours?

that makes absolutely no sense... if those were your photos i don't see how on earth you need to ask such questions...
maybe if you'd phrased it: i am a mega pro fashion photographer and i want some critique and advice on my hella-fantastic portfolio and how i can make it an incy bit better...
just seems a bit strange considering the photos that are there

Is this some kind of joke man? Are you just spamming through and figured if you don't use real english people might think, "Oh hey, I'm gunna help this 13 year old kid." Dude, don't be a fake. If that's not your stuff don't say it is, and if it is don't act like you don't know what your doing to spam your stuff. It's annoying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back