new 35mm for girlfriend...christmas gift

silvere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi, my girlfriend will be taking a photography class soon at SCAD. she thinks she wants to minor in it. they told her that she would need a digital camera and a slr 35mm. I was looking at the canon's. can you guys please suggest one. I don't know a thing about them.

I found the elan 7n kit here: link

and the eos rebel t2 here: link

I'd like to stay around or below $350

thanks for the input

THe ELan 7n is a superior camera in all aspects... She will find it easy to use and able to perform just about any function she needs it to.

I agree, The Elan 7n is much better, but that's why it's more expensive.

The Rebel is a "consumer" level camera and it lacks some of the more advanced features that higher level cameras have. Although, it will work just fine and be more than adequate for a photography class. She may find it lacking once she gets more into advanced stuff though.

The Elan is a "prosumer" level camera. It's got more bells & whistles and is built a little more rugged than the Rebel cameras. It would probably be able to handle anything she would need it to do.

There are pro level cameras that are much more expensive, they are built like tanks and made for pro photographers.

Whatever camera you choose, think about also getting the 50mm F1.8 lens. It is the least expensive Canon EF lens but one of the best.

great thanks...I'll go ahead and get the 7N. does that link look like a good deal?

That looks like a pretty good price for that kit.... Although I would also suggest getting the Canon 50mm f 1.8 prime lens. It'll come in handy when she wants to do portraits or anything in really low light! And it is just a great lens to have and to learn on!!

Zach :D

great! thanks for all the help guys. I also need help with a digital one, but I'll make another post for that one.

take care

Most reactions

Back