New 50 mm f/1.8 STM

I recently got the 1.4 50mm and at first was getting blurry pics. But that's cause every pic I was trying to shoot 1.4 or 1.8 lol I had to play with it for a while but now I love it. I would say I use it more than my 24-105L

Update: I got out this weekend to shoot some new sunrise photos and to try out my new Canon body.

So I shot my sunrise shots with my 50mm f/1.8 STM and a 7D mark II. After getting them home and processing through them, I have officially changed my mind about the "nifty fifty", well at least the copy that I have now. I will be keeping and using this lens a lot from now on.

I really can't say what the difference is between this one and the old version that I got rid of over a year ago, but this one is providing me with images that I want and like now. (Part of this could by my skill level has improved.)

Here is the link to the thread that I started with images taken this weekend.

I just received the 50 1.8 STM about a week ago. I'm still getting it broke in. This is my third lens equipped with a stepping motor, and by far the loudest. So far I am liking it though, I just wish I could take better pictures. :)

I just received the 50 1.8 STM about a week ago. I'm still getting it broke in. This is my third lens equipped with a stepping motor, and by far the loudest. So far I am liking it though, I just wish I could take better pictures. :)

Keep working at it. It took me a while to get used to it. This is my second 50mm f/1.8 that I have owned and no matter how much I used that first one, I didn't feel like I could get good images with it. For some reason, it just clicked with this one.

I just ordered one yesterday on amazon.com. I'm canadian but it worked out to be a better deal if I got it from the american site even still with shipping and everything. It came to $147US shipped to CAN.

Anyhow, i'm very excited to try it out as well I read a bunch of reviews on it and how it could possibly be the top rated prime lens for the price and what not, we shall see! This is my first upgrade from the 18-55 kit lens that I got with my T5

For the price, I can see that. I mean the f/1.4 would have to be twice as good because it is twice as expensive.

Most reactions

Back