New 7d, with one problem.

j-digg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my 7d the other day.. upgraded from an XSi, finally decided to get it with the current Canon rebate along with some Bing cashback and Im just loving the damn thing :D

The only potential issue Ive come across is something dealing with (only) the very outside AF points.... they seem to be off of thier mark by a little bit...... There was a thread on POTN that had the exact same problem, and I wish I could find it, because it described it very well and had a nice discussion going on it... but Im having troubles locating it...

Anyhow, I.E. if there is something closer I would like to focus on, I need to set the AF point next to the desired point of focus rather than right on top of it, otherwise it will focus on something in the background. It almost seems as if the 2 outter most points are visibly in the wrong locations in the viewfinder, because it does yield accurate autofocus, just in the wrong spot.

I have not upgraded firmware yet, maybe there was a fix for this kind of thing? Its a model with only the 1.1.0 version and I have not gotten a chance to update yet.

Are these all of the outter AF points or the ones on the four corners? I have not seen this issue on my 7d.

I can try to recreate this issue on my camera if that helps, what were you trying to focus?
What lens were you using?

Are these all of the outter AF points or the ones on the four corners? I have not seen this issue on my 7d.

I can try to recreate this issue on my camera if that helps, what were you trying to focus?

When in landscape orientation it is just the far left and far right points, so if holding the camera vertically its the top and bottom AF points. It does it even if I use spot AF too.. Its been happening with both lenses I have tried - the 50 1.4 and the 100m Macro L.

When in landscape orientation it is just the far left and far right points, so if holding the camera vertically its the top and bottom AF points. It does it even if I use spot AF too.. Its been happening with both lenses I have tried - the 50 1.4 and the 100m Macro L.

Are you sure you have the custom funtions set up correct

Are you sure you have the custom funtions set up correct

Hmm, which CFs are you thinking about?

Most reactions

Back