New Action used...C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by katy625, Jun 14, 2010.

1. katy625

katy625 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is a photo of my son I took (while holding him):D......I can't make up my mind if this works. I downloaded VirtualPhotographer onto my PS Elements and tried out a new action from their set. I also played with the lighting a little bit.....but one thing I have noticed about ALL of their actions is that it adds a TON of noise. LOTS. But...then again...noise can give a pic character....i think...have you ever looked at a pic so long that you lose the ability to judge its quality properly? I sometimes will come back to a photo a couple of days later and say "oh no, this has to change"......is this one of those?

[​IMG]

2. cailinp

cailinp TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I don't know. I think the photo itself is cute and fun but when I look at it I feel like my eyes are all cloudy. Its just too hazy.

3. dak1b

dak1b TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    light seems a little harsh...lol i love the baby's expression! hilarous

4. katy625

katy625 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks :) yeah it looks cloudy because of the action i tried out. the action is what made the fuzzy baby glow and also the light on the face....both of which were not on the original pic. its like sometimes actions look good but i find that most i come across are just too much. i guess its why i usually just edit them myself.

5. ChrisStone

ChrisStone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think it looks too much like a surveillance monitor.. I believe you wouldn't have needed a 3rd party action or plugin to achieve a nice B&W for this.. just desaturate, play with some levels and contrast abit would do nicely.