New and a little lose

rogue said:
Heh, thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Jocose, I speak Russian, Japanese and English - strange combo I know.

Well I think my first question should be - what kind of camera to use?

Since I'm just starting out would any suit me well?

Thanks, guys!

spa`sibo arigato, my dear :lmao:

Very cool. My dad used to speak a little Japanese (he was stationed there during the Korean War), and I used to live near a ton of Russians..and well, I sorta grew up with English.

rogue said:
Heh, thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Jocose, I speak Russian, Japanese and English - strange combo I know.

Well I think my first question should be - what kind of camera to use?

Since I'm just starting out would any suit me well?

Thanks, guys!

Dan is right about the posting in the general Q & A, but what sorts of things are you interested in? What's your goal? How much do you already know?

My interest was generic...taking pictures. My goal was to learn how to use a camera and my knowledge was non-existant. I wasn't even sure if I would want to stick with photography. So, I bought the Canon PowerShot S2 IS. It's a very nice point-and-shoot digital camera, but it also allows me to have control over F-stops and shutter speed. It has a manual focus (which I can't seem to get the hang of), and macro capability. It is a great camera, and it has helped me gain a foundation and basic understanding of shutter speed and f-stop. I got it in June, fell in love, and am now looking at the Nikon D70s, which is a digital SLR. But if you are like me and can answer the above questions the same, I would recommend a similar path to the one I took.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back