new and choosing a camera

which camera

• Total voters

photonoob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im new to photography and looking in to getting a 35mm slr and looking at the rebel ti and the elan7 ne are these good which is better? I will be shooting sports, cars, and landscape. :D thanx

Neither! I'm a newbie too, but I did a lot of research before I bought my first camera. Hopefully the more experienced photographers in here would support me in recommending a used Canon A2e (EOS 5 int'l)

is a good camera? Would it be good for sports photography? Finally is it good for a beginner? Thanks for the feedback guys :p

Personal preference:

Looking back on my beginnings, I would get the Minolta Maxxum 5. You can get it with a 28-100mm zoom lens for around 200. It is an extremely easy camera to work and it's quick to the draw for firing series of shots. It flirts that line of beginner and room for advancement.

Of all the film cameras that I have ever used, I like this one about the most.

If you buy it as a package, it only comes with the 28-100. Aftermarket speeking, you can get the same ones that they make for canon. I use Sigma lenses and they make the same lenses for every manufacturer.

thanks again, im looking threw my ritz camera magazine and theres a maxxum 50 quartz date package that has two sigama lens a 28-90 and a 70-300 and a gadget back for 339 is this a good deal

maxxum 5 and 50 are two different cameras. check out minolta's website and compare the two. I almost make the same mistake.

Personaly I use an A2. I've talked to a few people who had the A2E and the eye control is of questionable value. If you can find a good used A2 they are built better than the rebels and the Elans.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back