New and wanted to say hello and ask a few questions

bishrl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and have been finding everyone's posts so informational and interesting. I'm a mother of 4 who loves taking photo's of my children as a hobby . I really would like to get into the professional side but I'm just not quite sure where I need to start such as which equipment to purchase. I currently own a Canon Rebel XTI and am looking to upgrade to a Canon 50D. I have struggled with the idea of switching to the Nikon D300 but since I already have a couple Canon lenses (18-55 and 18-200mm), I thought maybe I should go with the 50D. I would like to purchase a good Portrait lens (maybe a 50 or 85mm) and a good sports lens (200 or 300mm), but have no idea which lenses are good. I want something on the professional side but nothing too overly expensive either. The camera can be purchased with an 28-135mm lens but I'm not sure if I would need it, if I buy the 2 lenses I'd like, or if it may be to similiar to the two lenses I already own. Any words of advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Nice to meet everyone!!!

Robin

Hi Robin, and welcome to TPF!!

I'm not sure a lot of people will check the 'welcomes and intro' subforum for questions on camera/lens purchase advice. You might get more responses if you pose your question in another subforum. Or if you do a search here of terms like 'professional lens advice' (or something like that) there may be previous threads that have asked a similar question.

Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back