New Automotive Photo - needs C&C

Taaron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this photo at a Car club meet outside of D.C about month ago.
SO every please be brutally honest.... It really doesn't bother me I'm also a music produce so critisim doesn't bother me...
Thanks much
IMG_1068-1.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

as an aspiring music producer to another.. wuuzz good!! haha. I am into automotive photography so I'd have to say the first one is bit dark, I'd prefer the horizon to be level, also it would work if you got down to headlight level... to me the front body kit should have been the focal point because nothing from the headlights up really catch my eye.

the second one is good, maybe shoot more down into the engine bay so the whole turbo can be seen... but i like how you shot it... the turbo is like creeping out of the engine bay.

SO every please be brutally honest....

The first photo looks like a typical snapshot. There is no focus area that draws the eye.
Shooting cars at a show or event is more difficult to start with, so more thought has to be put into the shot. A shot from a much lower angle would have been a good place to start from. Showcasing what is most interesting about this car should take center stage. As it stands, the most interesting thing about this photo is the swirl you did on the license plate.

The second photo has more thought into it, but still doesn't grab me. I like the eye level approach, but again the focus area really doesn't stand out. The people in the background are quite distracting and take the eye from the main focus. If your goal to was showcase the turbo, a move to your left and a much shallower depth of field would have worked better.

As above, looks like a snap shot as if you have just stood infront and taken the shot from eye level with not much thought and it is underexposed + it's not a very interesting car and there is loads of clutter in the background, if you had opened the aperture it would have blurred the background some

thanx for the advise.... I have been testing out different angles.... and different belt line shots... which is were I intially start off with every car i shoot. Put I really have to keep working on appropriate and focal pictures. But overall not bad for a noob?
What about these pictures?
On is more of a lower angle of the same car
IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back