New Bag Questions

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Junior897, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Junior897

Junior897 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am thinking of buying a couple of bags for my gear and was looking for opinions on them. The first would be a Lowepro Stealth Reporter 300 for my film equipment. The second would be a Stealth Reporter 400 for my digital stuff, and use my old Tamrac bag for storage. I don’t have a local store so I will have to purchase off of the internet so I can’t see them before hand. Any pictures of setup on the interior of these bags would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty sold on Lowepro because of the way they treated me on a Nova 1 I have for my wife’s camera.

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The LowePro web site is pretty good and has photos and cut away drawings of all their bags. www.lowepro.com

It's still a bit hard to judge the size, without seeing them in person though.

3. Patrice

Patrice No longer a newbie, moving up!

We are planning a trip to the UK and wanted a bag for the digital stuff, here is what we got: Lowe Pro Roller 1
    [​IMG]
    It has an extendible handle, wheels and qualifies as a carry on. It's a semihard case with a removeable padded inside case.

[​IMG]
    This is with the inner bag out of the outer bag. The outer bag can be used as regular carryon. The inner bag fits nicely inside a pelican 1550 case for shipping or luggage check.

[​IMG]
    There are attachement points on the sides for a tripod and unbrella with stand. The bungee on the front holds a collapsible reflector.

[​IMG]
    The bag can hold a fair bit of stuff: 3 bodies and attached lenses(2 with hoods attached as well), SB600, SB800, SB30, batteries, battery grip for D200, Nikon charger and cable, Ni-Mh charger and batteries, flash attachements, mini clamps and tripods for flashes, lens filters, a various small bits and pieces.

The bag is handy for storage at home and fior bringing the system along on car trips or caravan trips.

4. SaSi

SaSi TPF Noob!

I went out buying myself a new bag to bag everything into it. Judging by capacity specs, I ended up selecting the Commercial AW. When I saw it at the store, thought myself - this is too big. Anyway I bought it, put everything inside and it's now packed. No more space again :confused:

Lesson learnt: Size matters. Buy something bigger than the one you *think* you need.

BTW, the bag is totaly reconfigurable. Lot's of velcro separators of various sizes, heights and configurations. You can remove them all for a totaly empty bag and reconfigure it to your hearts desire. Initially it might fit all your kit in a single bag.

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's almost inevitable that you will fill up whatever space you have. If you get a bigger bag...you will carry more stuff. After buying a fair size backpack...I find that I like taking a smaller bag...when I can get away with just a little bit of gear.

6. Junior897

Junior897 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    [FONT=&quot]I have done a lot of thinking on this subject. I think the way for me to go is to get the Lowepro D400 for everyday and a backpack for when I want to lug around all of my gear. BTW nice setup Patrice that looks awesome[/FONT]