New Band Promo shot to be published in mag.

jstuedle

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.picture-daddy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a band I shoot a lot. They wanted a new promo 8X10 for release prior to there 2008 show schedule. They also wanted some individual promo shots, in all we took about 36 images in all. They called a couple of hours ago and needed a edited image "right away" for a magazine image. I don't know if it's a review or what, but I works this up quickly to have in "Country Music Magazine". If it prints, I'll scan it and post.

Nikon D3
16mm f/2.8 fisheye AI-S MF
Deny 16X24 canvas background
2 Bowens 750 monolites w/shoot through 42" umbrellas.

5135-LiquidFire2008promo-0001-web.jpg

Nice John! I just started doing some studio stuff. ( not quite on your level though :))

WAY TO GO JOHN!!!!
What band is it?

WAY TO GO JOHN!!!!
What band is it?

They are called Liquid Fire, a Country/Rock band I shoot a lot. I've become real good friends with these guys and have a lot of fun with them. I like some of the other shots better, but they choose this one for the magazine.

Well it looks great John. I like it!

i'm not a fan of the pose, i dont really understand what hes got his hand out for. it looks like he's reaching out to grab your lens or something, BUT, still probably better than i could do, and if they liked this pose, then i guess thats all that matters

I was not a big fan of this pose either, but I don't pretend to understand the music industry. It's truly better than a lot of others I've seen. We ran through a lot of different poses that I liked better, this was a "filler" to kill the last 45 min. of sitting time. They were goofing around and this is one of the results. They like it, and the money was good. :)

I was not a big fan of this pose either, but I don't pretend to understand the music industry. It's truly better than a lot of others I've seen. We ran through a lot of different poses that I liked better, this was a "filler" to kill the last 45 min. of sitting time. They were goofing around and this is one of the results. They like it, and the money was good. :)

All the more reason to do it then!

I think the shot is cool though. I like him reaching out for the camera.. Very goofy yet dramatic.. Goes along with the rest of their expressions. :thumbup::mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back