new bird common nighthawk and pileated woodpecker

ZombiesniperJr

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nice set #3 for me, They do any crazy dives??

Nice set #3 for me, They do any crazy dives??
Thanks they did do one or two crazy dives that i saw but they could have been doing crazy dives alot more then that because there was a group of about 40 to 50 different ones[/QUOTE]
Looks like you found a Migrating Flock

Great set. Love the Pileated dive.

Nighthawks are insect eaters in the same family with the Whip poor will, and Chuck will's widow. So whatever dive or erratic flight movements they do is about catching insects and not the dive or stoop of a true hawk.

Great set. Love the Pileated dive.
Thank you
Nighthawks are insect eaters in the same family with the Whip poor will, and Chuck will's widow. So whatever dive or erratic flight movements they do is about catching insects and not the dive or stoop of a true hawk.
yeah and apparently they like to fly around with there mouth wide open or at least thats what i heard

Great stuff! I've never seen Nighthawks close enough to get a shot.

yeah and apparently they like to fly around with there mouth wide open or at least thats what i heard

And what a mouth that is. I've seen it described with slight exaggeration stating that it flies engulfing insects with it's great maw like a whale cruising through plankton. The hinge on the bill is so far back that the whole width of the head opens up giving it a rather large mouth considering appearances when closed.

Great stuff! I've never seen Nighthawks close enough to get a shot.
Thanks this was the first time i seen them

And what a mouth that is. I've seen it described with slight exaggeration stating that it flies engulfing insects with it's great maw like a whale cruising through plankton. The hinge on the bill is so far back that the whole width of the head opens up giving it a rather large mouth considering appearances when closed.
Thats what i read about them online

Most reactions

Back