New Business Card Design - Comments/Critique, Please...

I like it! I'm assuming these are about business card size. I think its a great way of advertising and giving out your information. I think my only concern is that if I got a business card like this, I'd assume you had made it yourself and were into graphic design as well. I'm not sure if you are, just saying. I think it's because I'm looking for a graphic designer so it's something I've been picking out faster.

Where'd you get these done by the way? They're crazy creative!

I like it! I'm assuming these are about business card size. I think its a great way of advertising and giving out your information. I think my only concern is that if I got a business card like this, I'd assume you had made it yourself and were into graphic design as well. I'm not sure if you are, just saying. I think it's because I'm looking for a graphic designer so it's something I've been picking out faster.

Where'd you get these done by the way? They're crazy creative!

These would be either 2"x2" or 2.5"x2.5". I haven't had them printed yet, and haven't decided on a printer.

I love the idea and it is well done except for one thing, imho. I tend to design BCs so that they fit wherever BCs are kept, such as rolodex, etc. Don't know what the size of this card is but I would design it as a folded card that, once folded, was regular BC size.

Other than that, I disagree with Christie Photo. A BC is advertisement, in this field anyway. Yes, it does have to clearly show your contact info but this design does that just fine. In the meantime, if it does not grab someone's attention, a BC is just one among millions of others and loses much of its potential for getting business.

I think these paragraphs are conflicting. Size/shape/texture are all distinguishing factors, and, in my opinion, an important part of being "different". I don't want this card in someone's rolodex (even though I don't think they are as prevalent anymore), I want it on their mind, and in their wallet/purse, if that makes any sense. :confused:

I agree. They are conflicting. But life is often a series of compromises. In this case I would, myself, compromise on the size. Maybe it's just me but I have 4 rolodex wheels sitting on my desk :D I can't be the only one still using them...

The other thing I like about folded cards is that they can sit up (tent like) when I leave them around.

But that is just me. I don't claim that my way is THE way. I just know what has worked for me.

but I have 4 rolodex wheels sitting on my desk :D I can't be the only one still using them...

:shock:
Is rolodex a new smartphone?

:lmao: Don't I wish... dialing straight from the rolodex would be nice instead of the prospect of entering all this info into a computer. :grumpy:

Been messing around with the design, and I'm leaning towards this (today, anyway). Need to order within a week or so, most likely.

Thoughts?

4185425418_9af99a6352_o.jpg

I prefer the original. Probably partly because I like empty space :) but I think it is more striking.

Oh, I love these! I like the first example better too. The white (er. black?) space makes the card.

I would worry a little about the non-standard size. It makes it unique but if it doesn't fit in someones wallet, it may get tossed.

I think the design is clever and stylish, but I would really rather see it in a traditional business card size.

but I have 4 rolodex wheels sitting on my desk :D I can't be the only one still using them...

:shock:
Is rolodex a new smartphone?

kidding...
I use a rolodex too!! I use it because twice I have lost all my contact on my computer address book. I also have customers that ask me to keep their credit cards on file. I think the old fashion thing on my desk is safer than having credit card numbers in my computer- ?? In case someone hacks my computer?

First of all, I love the look; very creative.

Is it practical? I don't think so. Most folks have a place - Rollodex, card file, card folio - where they store business cards of standard dimensions.

I think someone would receive this, notice it (important), but then wonder what to do with it. I fear it would be tossed in a drawer somewhere, never to be found when it needs to be found. ("Now where the freak did I put that crazy square business card?!?!?....oh, well....I'll just call this standard-dimensions-card dude for my million-dollar project.")

If it were me, I would incorporate that very same design/concept into a standard size.

Anyway, great job.

Jon

Most reactions

Back