new cam, new pics, want ur opinion

prowler09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so my roommate got a new camera and we've been messing around with it a little. personally i love this camera. its a Nikon Coolpix L1
http://reviews.cnet.com/Nikon_Coolpix_L1/4505-6501_7-31511452.html?tag=sub. anyway, let me know what you think of these...

bball.jpg

comp.jpg

clock.jpg

koosh.jpg

light.jpg

ski.jpg

snow.jpg

btw, i really like the macro setting, my cam doesnt have that :|

i kinda feel left out, no one even wants to look at my post? :meh:​

I have that same camera Prowler. It's not a bad little point and shoot, but in my experience it takes awful low light/night pictures. =( Let me know if you have better luck with it!

I don't want to come off harsh here, but you asked for opinions.
My opinion, the first three shots are too dark and in all honesty are pretty boring.
#4 is hard to tell if it's in focus or not. It looks like you used the flash from very close causing the ends of the rubber 'tentacles' to blow out.
The exposure and dof on #5 seem ok, but it also looks a little blurry.
#6 is nice. Very hard lighting conditions with the bright sun and snow, but you did a pretty good job.
#7 is overexposed. It's hard to tell where the mountains stop and the sky starts.

Don't let that discourage you, it's just honest critique. Get familiar with the camera and try to find some interesting subjects to shoot.

Welcome to TPF!

hey, tx man...i over done a couple of them in ps

but i appreciate the input ill keep workin on it

Actually, I quite like Photo 2, although it took me a brief second to find out what I was looking at, but then the point of view started to grow on me. In that photo I don't mind the darkness too much, either, for there is no light behind the computer, only further away in the room somewhere.

For outdoor photos on bright days you might check out if the camera does or does not give you control over deliberate underexposure ... my compact digital camera does (but it is a different brand, so I can't tell what yours does) and it often enhances colours a fair bit if you underexpose just a bit.

In digital photography you can also happily "bracket", i.e. take a whole series of photos from the very same point of view, only changing the aperture or exposure time from 2 stops underexposed to 2 stops overexposed to later decide which of the series is best. It does not cost film and printing. Good, eh :biggrin: --- ah, the wonders of digital photography :biggrin:

I think 5 & 6 are the best. The first three are a little dark, and 4 seems just a little blown out. Don't worry about it though. Just keep taking pics. You will get better the more you take. This is not too bad for a first set. You have the eye, keep up the good work.

#6 is awesome, love that shot

#7 looks like it could use a little more contrast or something, i'm not really an expert, and the sky is a little blah, but i love the composition, although after looking at it again, i wish I could see more of the little bridge in the lower right hand corner, and less of the gray/white sky

#4 is interesting - kinda abstract, the tips are a little out of focus and blown out, but i still like it

keep it up! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back