New Camera coming tomorrow!!

bevin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally! I had originally ordered a 40D but there are none in NZ at the moment. Got sick of waiting so rang the shop today, haggled them down on the price of a 50D and went for that instead.

Then we realised there aren't any Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L lenses in NZ. They arrive with the 40Ds :thumbdown: So I'm getting the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 now and they'll ship the 24-70mm as soon as it arrives. So basically not only did I blow my budget out the window, I shot it dead, buried it and spat on its grave...... :lol:

Such a very frustrating time but the camera is on it's way, it'll be here tomorrow and I guess I'll be taking a lot of scenery shots for the next few weeks!!!

As soon as it arrives I'm taking the afternoon off work to go to the beach with it, my tripod and the manual!!! :mrgreen:

Sorry, I guess this is a pointless post, I'm just so excited I had to share with people who understand this type of craziness!

Is this your first DSLR? You'll be very happy with the 50D! I'm torn about making the 50D or the 5D my next body... be sure to post pics when you get it!

Yup, first DSLR :) I have a Canon Powershot (Ixus) 800IS at the moment which is great but fairly limiting. Before that I had a Canon Ixus V (for about 5 years). That was great till a friend got a phone with more megapixels. Hahaha... eek.

But yeah, I'm really excited to finally have the opportunity to play with shutter speed, iso, aperture etc properly instead of the half ass way you can kinda do it on a P&S.

I'll definitely post photos but mine possibly not the best way to base your decision ;)

Well others here might not agree- but I say just get out there and shoot- play with all those nifty things like iso, fstop, etc. That's one of the best ways you'll figure out how they work.

tirediron - that cracked me up, thanks :D

impressme - yup, that's the plan. Just as well the lake and the dog or the cat can't complain about me taking 170,000 photos of them, unlike a certain fiancee I won't mention!

Have fun and ask questions. That's what we're here for.

Is this your first DSLR? You'll be very happy with the 50D! I'm torn about making the 50D or the 5D my next body... be sure to post pics when you get it!
I never thought I'd be interested in a video function on an SLR, but now that the new 5D has it (and in HD now less), it's got me a little more curious.

Congrats on the new camera. I bet you have some awesome landscape and wildlife to keep you busy in NZ. I have always wanted to visit NZ. Maybe someday.....:(

Woot! Congrats on the TOYYYYYYZZZ! :)

Thanks for the support, you guys are awesome :)

Jaszek - what's wrong with the 24-70? I've heard loads of good things about it....? Ooh ETA: I've just noticed you've got the Sigma 10-20mm, what do you think of it??

Idaho21 - hopefully you'll make it out here some day. I came here for a holiday almost 5 years ago..... This has something to do with why I'm still here...

7c91548c0291e80d8ab9022025639dca9af6b6a.jpg

Yeah, I know it's kinda crappy. It's a few years old and I took it with my old Ixus V. But it gives you a good idea of what the place is like :)

I HEARD that it's not as sharp as people want it...but I still want one :p It's on my list after the 70-200 2.8 :D

hahaha the 70-200 is next on my list now that I have the Sigma 10-20mm out of the way. Check us and our matching lenses out!!

hahaha the 70-200 is next on my list now that I have the Sigma 10-20mm out of the way. Check us and our matching lenses out!!
haha yea...so what is your lens after the 70-200? Or are you thinkig of buying another flash and a wireless setup like me? lol And so we match I have to get a 50D :p

Well first plan is to learn how to use my camera and take a photo. As I figure that stuff out I'll see what I like photographing and realise what I'm lacking. So yeah, basically just making it up as I go along..... :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back