New Camera. I've got some issues.

jabutle3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a Kalimar SR200 off eBay. It's a pretty old camera and pretty used. The mirror is slightly broken but it still functions from what I can tell.

So I bought a roll of film to test but me not knowing what I'm doing for the most part bought a professional quality film that has to be sent off to develop.

Before I knew that I shot the whole roll and it seemed to be working right. But then I went and bought a .99 roll so I can get it developed right in the store, loaded it and now when I wind and try to shoot the shutter or something seems to stick. It doesn't snap like it did the first roll and I am wondering if I've done some damage to some mechanism inside the camera by not using the setting properly. The exposure time dial on the top of the camera doesn't snap back the way it did the first go round and now just barely turns and I'm thinking that the shutter itself is not opening and shutting.

Am I right? Is there anything I can do? I can't get it repaired because no one around here works with this dated of a camera so if there are no other options I guess I'll have to find something else.

Thanks!

You know I pretty much say you get what you paid for. I'd never by one off e-bay.
May be the cheap 99 cent film is the reason.

Just my opinion!:confused:

Take the cheap film out and try to load it again (providing it's not bent or broken).

You know I pretty much say you get what you paid for. I'd never by one off e-bay.
May be the cheap 99 cent film is the reason.

Just my opinion!:confused:
Don't knock Ebay, it's fine if you're careful. Nearly every piece of equipment I own comes from there. No hitches, no quality issues. Something like a broken mirror would have (or should have) been in the description of the item and that should have tipped him off before buying that this camera might have been a bit abused ;)

Most reactions

Back