New camera. New editing software. Maternity photos

Canuckphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, as the title says. I'm fairly new to having a decent camera. New to editing software and I've never had a pregnant wife before! Lol. :).

Here's a few shots. Took some time because I'm not familiar with lightroom 5 or editing for that matter. I personally think they look decent, however, I'm sure I'll be critiqued harshly lol. Part of life.

Enjoy!

f731cece1dfcc35bb8caec4fae6fec80.jpg
916aebfb89e849aacba69c1c9657d260.jpg
2f71260a12e41d81e7fe207365967865.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too bad for a first time at all IMO. The selective coloring is probably gonna make quite a few people on here cringe just as an FYI. ;)

I thought #1 was the best of the bunch just needs some tweaking. I had a play with it, I hope you don't mind.

22e4fd8c944403571d66d715ca2ee1be.jpg

Hey! That looks pretty good! What did ya do to make it more rustic?

The selective colour is a touchy subject apparently. However, my wife loves it. I think it's neat. I don't wanna do too many like that and keep things fresh. Not sure why people hate the selective colour but I don't mind it at all. Just not a whole photo shoot ha ha ha

keep in mind this was basically on a "clean slate" since it was imported to lightroom from the forum post and not your original or already edited file.
editscreenshots.jpg

I also cloned out some of the little bits of light peeking through around the edges of the frame and straightened it a tiny bit.

And fwiw I would never likely use the saturation that much except the original looked as though you may have desaturated it to begin with so I was just kind of trying to reverse that. lol

Lol. Look awesome and thanks so much for the tips and taking the time to help me out. :). So basically lower saturation and a little less red, yellow and orange? I like the look of old antique looking photos and you got it pretty close. I just have to wrap my head around all the settings and lightroom 5.

So basically a little more "washed out" look is affected by saturation?

I wanted to capture the rustic wood and ya nailed it!

I don't know how much you initially DE-saturated it.. meaning removed color but I ADDED saturation in my edit because it had been desaturated in your edit. lol This is confusing. I'd have to see the SOOC version to tell you.

And the color edits I did were changes to the color hues in the first tab of the HSL panel. I was trying to get your skin tones back into a more normal range.

929d854aba0aa2fafe5280064d7105ec33333.jpg
Your wife has dark hair and skin, thus she almost merges into the dark background.
Because she is wearing a bright, white dress, the dress attracts the viewer's eye.
What is important here is your wife's face - and making contact so we can see she is happy.
Try without glasses, actually smiling, making contact with the camera and with a less bright dress.
In every picture but the last she looks solemn, almost unhappy and glasses hide her eyes.
Think happy, think contact.

Ohhh, and make things like hedge lines which are horizontal, horizontal

Most reactions

Back