New camera or new lens?

jdong217

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have held off getting a new camera for a while now. I only have the D3100 right now and I feel I'm genuinely ready for a new camera. I have accumulated a couple of great lenses that I'll be able to use with the new camera. I was considering the D7000 since the price is reasonable and I'm looking forward to finally have an AF motor on the body itself

The alternative would be getting the Nikon 85mm/1.4G. I have been dying to get my hands on this lens after trying it out a week ago. I would not mind putting off a new camera for later since the D3100 has been working so well for me so far. And I know good glass will last forever.

edit: forgot to say that eventually I am planning on going FX. The length of the 85 on DX is fine with me as well. basically, it would be a good investment into FX lenses for me

Last edited:
What lenses do you currently have? And what type of photography do you like to do? If you're going to fx eventually, why not now? It's not like a d700 is harder to use than a d7000 right ;)

wait for the D800? its rumored to be coming out soon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back