New Camera!!! w00t!

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
Well, I went to the shop to pick up the camera. I didn't like it. So.... I bought a EOS 20D instead with a standard lens and the 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM, a couple of cards, a spare battery and a UV filter.

So here's an obligatory multi-me showing me and the new sofas (it's poor, but it's my first one, so bear with me!):

me.jpg

YEA ROB!!! :boogie:

Great furniture ... great model!

(how's that for brownie points?!?!)

Nice one rob....congrats on the camera......and the sofa :D

Thanks everyone, you WILL be seeing more pictures. I can only do 2Gb at a time, so six hundred odd pictures is my limit :) lol, I've already taken a load!

Wait for the good stuff, I'm too excited to take anything decent yet!

Rob

Congrats Rob!

But what I really want to know...is what happened to this:
Canon EF 85mm f1.2L USM

We've all been waiting for you to get this just as bad as you were?

Oh MAN that's a nice camera (*jealous grumble*). You are gonna have so much fun with it. Look forward to many more postingss.

nice i wish i could drop those bucs on my camera gear i can't aford a circular polarizer let alone a camera
oh and what were you coing to get

woodsac said:
Congrats Rob!

But what I really want to know...is what happened to this:
Canon EF 85mm f1.2L USM

We've all been waiting for you to get this just as bad as you were?
I had to leave it for the time being as the body upgrade pushed the budget up somewhat.

On the list remaining are: Battery Grip - ordered, Decent Manfrotto Tripod - will need everyone here's advice on the best head and stuff, Circular Polariser for 50mm lens, wide angle lens of some kind, lens adaptors to try the other Contax and Nikon lenses I have. I also want to get a bigger flash for doing more sensible bouncing. The 85mm f1.2 is a great lens, but they didn't have one in stock, so I'll have to go back another day when I have a spare £1k! :)

The thing I'm finding most difficult is that the 50mm is really narrow compared to what I'm used to - I am finding it closer to my 105mm for field of view than a regular 50mm.

The 100-400 is just damn awesome! Works indoors hand-held at 400mm under tungsten - remarkable!

Rob

Most reactions

Back