New Camera

wmc1117

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, now that I realized that my desired Canon Rebel XSI is a bit out of my price range, what would be a good DSLR in the range of around $500?

sony alfa say 200 or 300 even

Ok, now that I realized that my desired Canon Rebel XSI is a bit out of my price range, what would be a good DSLR in the range of around $500?

I got my canon Rebel XSI for $480 on ebay. The same seller is selling it now for $530 i believe if you want the link ill send it to you. It comes with a kit lens and an 8GB CF Card. Box is sealed :)

I say look for used stuff. Like I am thinking of selling my XSI (I am not saying buy mine) but I got Mine for $1200(can) with a memory card and bag etc but I don't think I could sell it for more then $700(can) considering new it's $799 body only.

Have a look, alot of good stuff out there

Also, The XSI used SD card so it can come with 200 GB worth of CF cards but they will be useless with the Xsi

A used 30d would be my top choice. As for new, an xti with kit lens, filter and card will run you around $500.

Nick

I say look for used stuff. Like I am thinking of selling my XSI (I am not saying buy mine) but I got Mine for $1200(can) with a memory card and bag etc but I don't think I could sell it for more then $700(can) considering new it's $799 body only.

Have a look, alot of good stuff out there

Also, The XSI used SD card so it can come with 200 GB worth of CF cards but they will be useless with the Xsi

XSI is 530 body only, on amazon :raisedbrow:

I've got an Olympus E-420 and love it. The kit lenses are probably the best in their class (due to the 2x crop factor of the sensor, the lenses need to be twice as sharp). The camera does have it's limiting factors, but so do all the cameras in that level.

However, another option which hasn't been mentioned is a Pentax.

The K100D or K200D are going for very cheap at the moment and are great cameras also. With the K mount you have access to a very large selection of lenses if you decide to advance your photography.

Nikon D40 with 18-55 lens at Wal-Mart is in that range, and it's new. Many members here rave about them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back