New Camera

I'd honestly just keep saving my money for another month or two, NOT get the D40, and get the D80.

However, you mentioned Canon first, so if you don't like Nikon, then that above suggestion was null and void :mrgreen:.

Hmmm. You might as well buy in Canada... the gas to get down there would be about as much as the difference!

i just got my xsi with a bag, 8gb card software lense and everything for 730

OneCall.com now has the powerful Sony DSLR-A200K Digital Camera Kit on sale for just $499.99, matching the lowest price available on the web from a reputable store.

The XTi with kit lens sells for about $500...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-10-1MP-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B000I1ZWRC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1226585458&sr=8-1[/ame]

I have this same camera and love it!!!!

Last edited:
I got an XTi as my first DSLR. I wouldn't trade it for 2x D40s. I really love this camera. I bought mine used earlier this year for $450 with a nifty-50. To this day, I feel it is worth every penny that I spent. I find the lens availability very extensive. You can check out my gallery in the link in my sig to see the quality produced from a newb w/XTi.

-------------[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-SD14-14MP-Digital-Camera/dp/B000J2AB94"][/ame]

Last edited:
If you want Nikon:

Nikon D70S

If you want cannon:

Canon 30D ($600, but worth every penny from what I hear).

FYI- there was just a post in the Buy & Sell forum for a Canon Rebel XS or XSi (can't remember now) for $500. If you're interested.

I've got an Olympus E-420 and love it. The kit lenses are probably the best in their class (due to the 2x crop factor of the sensor, the lenses need to be twice as sharp). The camera does have it's limiting factors, but so do all the cameras in that level.

lol....

The lenses don't "need to be twice as sharp" to be on the crop sensor.

Ok, Thank you all for your input. Nw another quick newb question, what is better an Rebel XS or the XTI?

Most reactions

Back