New Camera

Diecast Pix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can anyone give me ideas on what type of Camera to buy?

I am a ametuer photographer
I have about $200-250 to spend on a Camera

I was thinking about...PowerShot A2000 IS Digital Camera

:thumbup: Or :thumbdown:

Thanks!

While, I don't know the specific camera you posted about, I started with a Canon A620 and canon Point and Shoots are great. Really great quality for your money. We actually still use the A620 sometimes. My wife uses it more than me now, but bottom line,...I used that thing for about 2 years until I upgraded to a DSLR....wonderful camera and it never ceased to produce great results (still doesn't).

That said, I think any Canon point and shoot is going to be a good buy and while I'm a Nikon guy, I still love the Canon P&S's.

Canon is a great brand for point and shoot. Get one with 8-10 megapix (max), that has image stabilization, and you are good to go. The rest is just fluff (well, mostly).

So yes, that would be a good camera.

I had an A590 IS which rocked. Friend has an SD1100 IS which she likes. Can't go wrong with Canon P&S.

A Canon SX110IS should be about $249 or so and is a great camera with TONS of features and 10X zoom (optical) has the dial on the top and back just like a DSLR. thats why I love it so much.

You can never go wrong with Canon point-and-shoot cameras.. especially the Powershot series. It has manual controls to give you flexibility on the settings. Best of luck on your purchase!

Cheers!

Captain Kimo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back