New camera

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by ReptileManiac, Jun 18, 2004.

1. ReptileManiac

ReptileManiac TPF Noob!

Jun 18, 2004
    I have talked to many people about what camera i should get ,in there opinion, but would like more insights. This camera would be used for outside and nature purposes. I need it to be able to take detailed pictures of animals far away, like most of the reptile species i will be photographing. But able to take great clear pictures of animals close to me. Also since i am not the most gentle person with equipment it needs to be some what tough. This will be my first "pro" camera, but i am pretty good at taking pictures. Also something not very expensive and affordable with lenses.An i would like it to be digital, dont really like film. Thanks for any information,jason
  2. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r TPF Noob!

Jun 29, 2003
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    unfortunatly, not very expensive, with lenses, and digital don't go together very well at the moment. While there are a few cameras that have lens conversion kits or something (not really clear on how that works), it sounds like you're talking about a digital slr (i might be jumping to conclusions here) which run about 1000 (thats the cheapest).